2019 has been hyped up to be a year full of new, exciting music from a variety of stars. Artists have been teasing their fans with videos and studio clips for months now and we are getting way too impatient. The list of artists who have promised new music this year is a lineup you surely don’t want to miss, so make sure to take note of all the new music coming to you soon!

1. Ariana Grande

Courtesy: Rap-Up

I think it’s safe to say that just about any person with access to the internet has been made aware that Queen Ari is releasing new music left and right. Her fourth studio album Sweetener was released in August 2018 and just at the end of last year, we were gifted with the now iconic “Thank U, Next” and “Imagine.” Her latest single, “7 Rings” is already exploding on the charts while the music video has 68 million views. The 25-year-old superstar recently shared the tracklist for her newest album, appropriately named Thank U, Next,  generating even more buzz and excitement for her fifth studio album. This diva is no stranger to the being at the top of the charts so we can expect that this album will be no exception!

2. Rihanna

Courtesy: Capital XTRA

It has been three full years since the goddess herself, Rihanna, has released new music, leaving her fans incredibly impatient. After her brief hiatus from music, RiRi took on a starring role in Oceans 8 and launched successful makeup and lingerie brands, both entitled “Fenty.” The multi-talented artist knows a thing or two about leaving her fans begging for more by posting short videos of herself working in the recording studio this past year. Her fans, affectionately labeled the “Rihanna Navy,” could not have been more excited when the 30-year-old singer confirmed her ninth studio album would be hitting the shelves in 2019 during an interview on The Graham Norton Show. 

3. Lana Del Rey

Courtesy: Happy Mag

Everyone’s favorite emo queen is back and better than ever with her highly anticipated sixth studio album, Norman F***ing Rockwell. The “Young and Beautiful” singer has been teasing her new album to her devoted fans for quite some time now. After releasing two new singles in September last year, she announced the title of her sixth album and confirmed it would be released early 2019. Since releasing the third single off the album this month fans have been buzzing with excitement, so it’s safe to say her latest dreamy album will be well-received.

4. The Weeknd

Courtesy: Girlfriend Magazine

The king of moody R&B is back and better than ever ahead of the release of his fourth studio album, Chapter 6. It’s been three years since The Weeknd, real name Abel Tesfaye, released his third album Starboy, but we were so graciously gifted with My Dear Melancholy in 2017. Since then, he has rekindled his romance with model Bella Hadid which we all know means we are about to get some intense romance songs about love and heartbreak on this next album, which we are all more than here for!

I'm a senior from Miami, FL majoring in Public Relations and pursuing a Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communication. Think of me as the love child of Samantha Jones & Carrie Bradshaw, plus throw in a little Cuban spice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.