New Makeup, Old Loves and Drama-Filled Reality TV Making Headlines Last Week in Pop Culture

1. Urban Decay Announced Beached Collection

It’s almost summer and you know what that means…new makeup collections! Last week, Urban Decay announced their latest addition to the brand with summer-themed products. Steve Kassajikian, UD’s global makeup artist, said, “This whole line is an extension of Urban Decay’s matte Beached Bronzers, which launched last year. So Wende [UD’s co-founder] wanted to create a collection based off of that. The packaging is inspired by the view outside of Wende’s home, which is right on the ocean.” From a new eyeshadow palette to lipsticks and liners, we’re pumped! They will be released online at UTLA May 8 and in stores May 10. We can’t wait to spend our summer job paychecks early!

Courtesy: Instagram

2. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum Split

It was a hard week for love as it was announced that a favorite Hollywood couple was splitting after nine years of marriage. The couple each posted a joint statement to their Instagram accounts and shared the heartbreaking news. This is just a reminder that not everything on social media is as it appears and we’re happy to see they’re able to stay amicable through it all!

Courtesy: AOL

3. InStyle Became the First Fashion Magazine to Ban Fur

After San Francisco recently banned the sale of fur, it seems the fashion industry wanted to join in on making a difference. InStyle’s recent editor-in-chief, Laura Brown, announced that her standpoint on banning fur will now be put into the company policy. The company has not used fur since she took on the role last year and she stated that after a panel with The Humane Society she wanted to take an extra step in making sure it’s eliminated from the publication. We’re excited to see society moving forward!

Courtesy: InStyle

4. Facebook Temporarily Shut Down Tinder

With the news of Facebook having millions of users data taken without their permission from the Cambridge Analytica scandal, the social network tried to make some changes its privacy. This ultimately led to the popular dating app, Tinder, not allowing users to log in. This was due in part to Facebook making changes to its privacy and security. After a few hours, the app finally rebooted, bringing back peoples’ matches and conversations. We’re glad that Facebook is finally taking some responsibility.

Courtesy: Twitter 

5. Jersey Shore Brought it Back to MTV

GTL and the cabs were here! Last Thursday became Jerzday with the premiere of the revival of Jersey Shore but Family Vacation this time. MTV brought the beloved show back for fans to enjoy the cast’s antics on a “more mature” level. Most of the gang are in relationships and some have kids, but they all had a little party left in them. The producers knew how much fans would love it so much that they renewed it for a second season before the first episode even aired. We know what our Thursdays will be spent watching now!

Courtesy: Washington Post

Malorie is a senior double majoring in Media Communications and Criminology. She loves anything pop culture, criminal profiler, animal, or food related. She lives for sarcasm and being witty.
Her Campus at Florida State University.