The holidays from late Oct. to early Jan. are probably the best times of the year and it’s not just because of the festivities. With heart-warming memories and cold festive winter, there are the delicious desserts that come along with it. There are the classic dishes everyone goes for, as well as the more extravagant desserts. These are my top 10 favorite holiday desserts, in no specific order, of course!

Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream

Courtesy: Ambitious Kitchen

My personal favorite, this is probably one of the desserts I look forward to every Thanksgiving dinner. It is best served pre-heated with a large scoop of traditional vanilla ice cream. Nothing screams the holidays more than a warm, sweet and gooey slice of classic apple pie!

Tiramisu

Courtesy: YouTube

You can never go wrong with Tiramisu, especially for my coffee lovers out there. This decadent sweet is a traditional Italian dessert, with a distinct coffee flavor to it. My uncle’s homemade take on this is the best!

Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies

Courtesy: Pumpkin ‘N Spice

I had this one time at a holiday party recently, now let me tell you it is every chocolate-lovers dream. Not only does it combine the thick richness of chocolate but it also has a Christmas twist to it with the peppermint in it. Truly unforgettable.

Gingerbread Cookies

Courtesy: Once Upon a Chef

This is another Christmas classic that has been glamorized during the holiday season and with good reason. These adorable gingerbread men are not too sweet for those that are particular with their desserts but tasty so that everyone can enjoy with hot cocoa. Oh yeah, did I mention you can decorate these too?!

Cinnamon Coffee Cake

Courtesy: Extremely Deliciously Yum

Ahhh yes, another Thanksgiving Day staple that always warms my heart when my mom serves it. You can never go wrong with a warm slice of coffee cake with a thick drizzle of vanilla frosting.

Pecan Pie

Courtesy: Betty Crocker

I was never a fan of this dish until my mother served me a plate recently and wow was it good. It’s soft, yet has a tender crunch and the right amount of taste to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Cinnamon Rolls

Courtesy: Taste of Home

This one is a beauty to look at and a blessing to eat. There’s something about a warm roll filled with cinnamon and a thick layer of frosting really hits the spot. I could honestly say that I could eat this dessert every day, even after the holiday season.

Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake

Courtesy: The Silly Girls Kitchen

Cheese, in general, has my heart. But cheesecake and red velvet is a game-changer. I cannot stress enough how amazing this combo is, from the slight tanginess of the cheese and the sweetness that immediately overflows you.

Peppermint Brownies

Courtesy: The Bolt

Another one of my favorites! At this point, you can see that I love anything with chocolate and peppermint. Brownies as so good, especially when served warm, however, once you bring peppermint to the mix, the game is forever changed and for the better.

Pumpkin Pie

Courtesy: Betty Crocker

Who doesn’t love a good slice of pumpkin pie with a nice swirl of whipped cream on top? It’s honestly one of the best Thanksgiving Day desserts and I think we can all agree on that.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Madelyn Mairena is currently a Senior majoring in Advertising at Florida State University. She has been a writer for Her Campus since her freshman year and has found a passion for getting down to the nitty-gritty details of hot topics, as well as interviewing inspiring leaders and artists. For all business inquiries, please reach out to her at madelynstar11@gmail.com.
Her Campus at Florida State University.