Life > Experiences

My Favorite Places to Grab a Bite to Eat in Tallahassee

It’s easy to get bored of dining options on campus, but it’s also easy to end up spending a ton of money dining out. However, there are a plethora of tasty options that don’t break the bank and are convenient. Here are my go-to food options that are perfect for in between classes or a fast lunch with friends. 

Taziki’s Mediterranean Cafe is a great place to grab a quick lunch. Their menu offers a wide array of options, such as gyros, salads, soups, and hummus platters. With the purchase of an entree, you are given chips and an additional side, which is a great deal for the price. These sides include roasted red potatoes, basmati rice, and many other options. My go-to order is a grilled chicken gyro with basmati rice and fruit salad on the side. Check out Taziki’s Mediterranean Cafe, located near Blaze Pizza and Starbucks in the Magnolia Grove Plaza. 

Catalina Cafe not only makes amazing coffee, but also sells delicious sandwiches, bagels, salads, and baked goods. The food that many coffee shops sell is not filling. However, this is not the case with Catalina Cafe. Their food is filling, and the portions are sufficient for the price. My Catalina order is a cold brew with caramel and an asiago bacon, egg, and cheese bagel. So, the next time you are strolling on Gaines Street, stop by Catalina Cafe for a quick, yet delicious bite to eat— and you can get some homework done at the same time. 

Located in the heart of college town, Little Masa is always a great option for lunch and dinner. Their portions are generous, and the prices are great. The atmosphere of the restaurant is also welcoming. Little Masa’s menu offers a plethora of options, such as a variety of sushi rolls, appetizers, rice bowls, and many more options. My favorite menu item at Little Masa is a “wok-your-way” which includes your choice of a base, such as rice or noodles, choice of protein, choice of vegetables, and then your choice of sauce. My favorite sauce is the savory citrus flavor. 

The Sweet Shop, a Florida State University staple, lives up to the hype. Sweet Shop has just about the largest selection of food items and drink items I have ever seen in a cafe. They have everything, ranging from paninis to bagel sandwiches to wraps. In addition to the enormous selection of food options, Sweet Shop also has a large menu of latte options. These lattes are available hot or iced and have the most creative names and flavor combinations. Some examples are the candy heart (chocolate and coconut flavors) and the first kiss (white chocolate and raspberry flavors). My personal favorite is an iced Smooth Operator, which has chocolate and caramel flavors, with mocha sauce drizzled on the sides. With Sweet Shop located right next to the FSU campus on Jefferson Street, it is always a convenient option if you find yourself in a time crunch. 

The next time you find yourself thinking about where to grab a quick, yet delicious bit to eat, consider checking out one of these options. I promise you won’t be disappointed. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

I am a junior at Florida State University studying psychology and minoring in mathematics and communication. I am the Outreach Coordinator at Her Campus FSU. I'm very passionate about art, literature, fashion, pop culture and films!