Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate Valentine’s Day. I think it’s sweet for couples to celebrate their love. But after being single for 21 years of my life I just really don’t care for the holiday. Also, it feels a little bit like people are rubbing their happiness in my face. No offense, but I am not a fan of the mountains of chocolate, flowers that will die in a week and the cheesy declarations of love in public. It gets a little old after seeing it year after year. So I decided to turn my Valentine’s Day to an anti-Valentine’s Day. Here are a few of my favorite anti-Valentine’s Day gifts for us single ladies.

1. Sarcastic Valentine Hearts

For those people like me with a very sarcastic sense of humor, these valentine hearts are perfect for decoration. They can also serve as a nice passive-aggressive gift to your least favorite co-worker. You know which one I’m talking about.

Show your sarcastic wit off by giving this to your friends. You can even slide these to your crush to drop a little hint. You can definitely bring a smile to someone’s face with these fun hearts.

2. Voodoo Body Holder Knife Set

The spiteful drive a knife through my ex knife holder. Obviously, you won’t bring any actual harm to an ex with this, but it’s still fun to have. Especially for those who had their hearts broken right before Valentine’s Day. This is a great way to get out your anger and you can regift this to other friends who are going through a breakup. Just be careful not to stab too hard.

3. Meme Card

The classic card is never a disappointing gift if it’s funny or has a surprise inside. You can’t have an anti-Valentine’s Day card without the dry humor. This card is perfect for us millennials because it has what we love most: memes. I believe memes are the new love language because I took the time to share something I find funny with you. If that doesn’t say I love you, what does?

4. Cookies for Single People

Who doesn’t love cookies? Especially when you are alone at home eating piles of junk food on Valentine’s Day. These cute cookies will uplift your spirits because sweets are the best comfort food. You can also make some for your friends and mail them if they are far away. It’s a sweet gift to remind them that you are single too and you know what they’re going through.

5. Sweethearts

Valentine's Sweetheart Candies
Jill Wellington on Pexels

Finally, the old cliché gift we all got in our elementary and middle school goodie bags: the sweethearts. Honestly, I never understood why people liked these because they tasted like straight chalk mixed with sugar. That is a lot coming from younger me because kids are supposed to love everything that has sugar in it. The only ones I would enjoy were the sour ones because the bitterness distracted me from the chalky taste. This is definitely a gift for an enemy or an ex.

Now you have some items to help you enjoy your Anti-Valentine’s Day. Most importantly don’t forget to show yourself some love on this special day! Just because you’re single it doesn’t mean you aren’t loved. Don’t forget to treat yourself! See you single ladies later!

Treat yo self gif
Giphy

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Greetings, I was a Her Campus Writer at FSU. I majored digital media production and I am originally from West Palm Beach, Florida. I love reading, drawing, and bingeing tv shows on Hulu and Netflix.