So, I know what you’re thinking; “Another Christmas movie watch list, really?” While I may be a little biased, I can promise mine’s better. I’ve grown up a movie fanatic, and hope to soon work in the entertainment industry, so I can make movies to keep people happy, just as they do for me. Christmas, of course, is just another excuse to watch even better movies! I’ll be counting down my favorite Christmas movies of all time, that you need to be sure to check out this holiday season!

“The Holiday”

Starring Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet, this one has always been a fan favorite for me. It centers around two women from different sides of the world who are both frustrated with the current path of their lives. They decide to switch houses for the holiday season, which brings a lot of excitement to each of their homes. My mom and I used to sit on the couch and watch this one all the time. It’s one you won’t want to miss. Plus, the iconic song “Mr. Brightside” makes an appearance. So, how could you not watch it?

“A Bad Moms Christmas”

This is a newer one, that has slowly become one of my favorite guilty pleasures. It’s a sequel to the iconic comedy, “Bad Moms, which features Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis and Kathryn Hahn. The iconic triplet is back in this Christmas spin-off. This time, each of the girls moms’ come into town to celebrate the holidays. They are met with fighting, frustration and, of course, family in this hilarious Christmas film.

turned on LED movie projector
Photo by Alex Litvin from Unsplash

“The Family Stone”

“The Family Stone” has got to be one of the most heartwarming holiday films of all time. This one never fails to put a smile on my face. It stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Diane Keaton, Rachel McAdams and so many more familiar faces. It all starts with Everette Stone, who wants to bring his girlfriend home to meet his family, and this plot tends to have its twists and turns.

“Office Christmas Party”

Okay, admittedly, I am officially biased for this one. Jennifer Aniston is my favorite human of all time, and almost everyone has been made aware of that. So naturally, when she starred in a Christmas film a few years back, I was bound to love it. Also, it has Jason Bateman, which obviously makes me love it that much more. Aniston plays a mean boss at her own company where they throw an employee party for the holidays without her knowledge. The co-workers throw nothing short of what I’m sure was a super fun party, until Jen finds out.

“Bridget Jones’ Diary”

Out of every show and every movie I’ve seen, Bridget Jones is easily one of my favorite characters of all time. She brings that ditz to everyone’s lives and she is just bound to make your heart super happy. This isn’t strictly a Christmas movie, but it does take place during the holidays, so I just had to put it on my list. I feel as though most of my personality comes straight from Bridget Jones herself because she is just that relatable. I promise, if you watch this, you will not be able to wipe the smile off of your face. Plus, Mr. Mark Darcy will make you blush.

As a girl who is obsessed with movies, and a girl who is overly obsessed with the Christmas season, these movies will be perfect to binge this year. My recommendation is to put on your favorite fuzzy socks, grab a Christmas mug with hot chocolate and curl up on the couch to binge my Christmas movie must-watch list!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYoutube and Pinterest!

Emma Romano is a Public Relations major and a Film Studies minor. She hopes move to Los Angeles to pursue advertising and promotions for movies, TV Shows and celebrities in the future.
Her Campus at Florida State University.