My Bucket List for the Last Summer Before I Graduate

Summer is finally here and I am ready to make the most of it! Next year I will be going into my last year at Florida State before I graduate next May. I have never stayed committed to a bucket list of any kind before as I am usually someone who goes with the flow and lets others decide on activities, but I wanted to do something special for what might be my last summer at home in Tennessee.

Go to a Drive-In Movie

As a fan of both film and vintage throwbacks, I have always wanted to go to a drive-in movie to experience that nostalgia of summer nights under the stars with friends or family. I may be able to finish this item on the list quickly since I know of a drive-in close to where I live.

Travel to a New City

Last summer I had the incredible opportunity to study abroad for three months and I am definitely missing the ability to travel from one city to the next each week. I would like to do some traveling in the United States with some friends and truly experience a new city for a weekend. Traveling somewhere new with lots of character and good eats is essential to the experience I wish to have.

Baking flour
Theme Photos
Get Back into Baking

In my high school years, I was a natural-born baker. Well, maybe not quite, but every other week I would make homemade snickerdoodles or lemon bars for my friends to enjoy. I have fallen out of practice since I started college but this summer is the perfect time to pick back up a hobby I miss. I want to be able to bake new and exciting desserts like cheesecake or a cobbler. There are so many great dessert recipes on Pinterest and I implore you to find them and satisfy your own sweet tooth.

Take a Sewing Class

After following a few sewing accounts on TikTok, I have decided that now is the time to work on this useful skill. I received the wonderful gift of a sewing machine a few years back and I know how to sew pillows and that is about it. I would really like to take a sewing class and finally try my hand at making something resembling clothing. I already love to embroider and I would like to incorporate some of that into my sewing.

Nashville, TN neon signs
Photo by Drew Hays on Unsplash

Go to a Music Bar in Nashville

I just turned 21 this March and due to quarantine, I have not been able to properly celebrate with friends. As a Nashville native, I feel like the only way to remedy this once we are allowed to be around people again is to travel on down to Broadway street and get a little taste of that live music. I will ignore the fact that I hate country music for a night to enjoy the lively atmosphere I have always seen in the downtown area.

Learn a New Skill

I have been wanting to learn how to use many computer applications but have not found the time for it. As someone who is very technologically challenged, I always need a lot of time to learn how to do anything on my computer. I want to learn how to use a design application as well as something like copywriting and take an actual class online for it. Having marketable skills like this is really important and I feel I have some catching up to do!

Hopefully, you are inspired by this list to go out and do some of the things that you have been wanting to do but haven’t had the time to do so! The one thing I want to do the most that I can get from every single thing on my list is to make memories. I want to be able to look back on my summers in college with fondness and have that help recharge me for next semester.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Literature major at FSU. Lover of Pinterest, books, a good cup of tea, and Disney.
Her Campus at Florida State University.