Movies to Keep You Occupied During Spring Break

It’s Spring Break season! This year is a little different than most, considering the current world events. Whether you didn’t have plans all break, your fun trip got canceled, or you may be self-quarantining due to traveling anyways, this list of films will keep you occupied during this year’s…different Spring Break.

Monte Carlo

This movie was EVERYTHING to me between the ages of 10 and 12. I remember sitting in the movie theater watching this for the first time and going home to memorize every word of Selena Gomez’s “Who Says” directly afterward. This film is about three best friends traveling together, which is honestly my dream life. They travel to… you guessed it, Monte Carlo! Gotta love these totally original and creative film titles. Anyways, if you’re sad about not being able to travel this Spring Break, and want to feel the thrill of traveling with your best friends, having almost everything go wrong, this is the film for you!

Mamma Mia!

Hands down will always be my favorite movie of all-time. Knowing all the words to every single Mamma Mia! song has become a personality trait for me. The perfect rom-com, taking place on the beautiful Greek island, Kalokairi, how could you not want to watch this film? I truly hope you’ve already seen this cinematic masterpiece, but if not, this should be at the top of your list! Plus, don’t we all need a triple threat Meryl Streep in our lives?

Mamma Mia!: Here We Go Again

Okay, I’ll admit it… I definitely saw this film in theaters a total of 11 times. I don’t know if I wanna know the total price I spent on tickets and movie theater snacks, but let’s just say… every penny was totally worth it. This movie was a long-anticipated one for me, considering my obsession with the first one that had come out 10 years earlier. Sequels are always a total hit or miss, but this one did not disappoint one bit. I would highly recommend the Mamma Mia! double feature to be added to your list of Spring Break movie marathons… the drama will amaze you.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Straying away from rom-coms for a quick second, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is actually one of the most cinematically amazing films I’ve ever seen. As a film minor, I’m a sucker for some good cinematography. The storyline is absolutely beautiful, and I mean, c’mon Ben Stiller and Kristen Wiig will never disappoint you. This is a total ‘travel’ movie, and I swear I blame half of my travel bug on this film alone.

popcorn
Pixabay

Girls Trip

Girls Trip will guarantee to have you dying of laughter within the first five minutes. Once again, with the original names, this film is about…a girls’ trip! With some of the funniest actresses and comedians in this cast, the jokes are never-ending. I saw this one in theaters, and the whole audience could not catch their breath. Although there is a bit of travel in this film, I would recommend it for a great laugh with your girlfriends, or by yourself, if you’re missing your girlfriends during the break!

Me Before You

I had to throw a tearjerker in there because everyone needs a good one every once and a while. I was straight up sobbing in the movie theater while watching this for the first time when it came out. It’s one of the most beautiful love stories I have ever seen, plus it has the beautiful and quirky Emilia Clarke. Don’t be fooled, she plays a much different role from Daenerys Targaryen in this one.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Not only is this movie one of the funniest I’ve ever seen, but it also has the BEST cast ever. I may be a little biased, considering they’re a few of my favorite actors, but hey, it’s true. This film centers around four people that each ends up at a resort in Hawaii for various reasons. Everything that goes wrong, goes wrong, which makes it 10x funnier.

I could continue to talk about movies forever, but I’ll spare you…. for now. I hope this list keeps you occupied throughout the break, and then on out! All of these films are worth your watch, and no disappointment will come out of it. Grab some popcorn and some friends to watch this wide variety of movies.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Emma Romano is a Public Relations major and a Film Studies minor. She hopes move to Los Angeles to pursue advertising and promotions for movies, TV Shows and celebrities in the future.
Her Campus at Florida State University.