Motivation to Finish This Semester Strong

It’s getting to be that time of the semester where everything seems to be rushing at you all at once. The end is so near that you can just start to really see the finish line, and yet our vision is clouded with all of these assignments that have to get done. It seems that our to-do lists are never-ending, and we’re just praying for a final wind of strength to save us. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in our heads about all that needs to be done and feeling like there’s never enough time, but I don’t think we give ourselves enough credit. We accomplish so much on a regular basis but never truly take the time to reflect on all that we manage to do. If we were to do this, we’d find that we’re truly exceptional people. We dedicate so much of our time and energy into being successful and working towards our futures. Although it can all be so daunting when we’re caught up in the moment, if we look back we’ll realize that our strength and abilities are unparalleled.

Let this serve as the reminder you’ve been looking for that you are capable of success and achieving anything you set your mind to. You’re going to go as far as you’re willing to fight for. My mantra for this point in the semester (and all throughout life to be honest) is to allow the space between where you are and where you want to be inspire you rather than terrify you. You’ve made it this far, so why give up now? This isn’t to say that your work isn’t challenging because we all have our struggles, but it’s important to remind yourself of all that you’re working towards. Always remember why you started – whether it’s for that 4.0 or just to finally get that last gen-ed course out of the way, it’ill be worth it in the end. Work hard and keep the goal in mind.

Courtesy: Cheryl Strayed 

The only person that has the power to limit your progress is yourself. You already possess everything you need to be successful. Do whatever you need to do to harness that energy as the lightning round of fall semester approaches. No matter how stressed or panicked you may feel in this moment, remember that it’s just a moment and it will pass. More times than not, those moments of extreme pressure and anxiety aren’t as intimidating as we make them out to be. If we stay aware of our emotions and abilities, it becomes easier to realize that it’s never as bad as we think and we’re able to move on quicker.

I know that it feels like our lives are moving at a million miles an hour, but always make sure you’re taking care of yourself. We can only run on empty for so long, so make sure you’re doing the little things that actually make you feel like a human being rather than a robot. You’re more than capable of succeeding in anything you set your mind to, and you’ll come out the other side better than before. 

Katarina is a senior at Florida State University studying Creative Writing with a double minor in Education and Communications. You can find her at your local library reading a good book or writing for her blog https://katarinamartinez13.wixsite.com/kmartinezreads As an aspiring novelist and content writer, she is always looking to spread love and joy everywhere she goes.
Her Campus at Florida State University.