My life has been one hectic roller coaster that has made me doubt my future countless times. Sometimes your future does not go as well as you planned it and other times it does. Often, we lack the motivation to keep going at times and give up on ourselves— enough of that! No matter how many times you fall, get back up and keep going! Here is my statement of personal growth and achievement that I accomplished in my future and that I want others to do the same.

Hey future self,

I see you looking in that mirror. You envisioned this lifestyle boo. No more doubts about your career because you are elevating all the time. When I saw you in the mirror last time I was concerned. You looked tired and I know you are. Give yourself a break— you need it. You have been helping others constantly— I know you haven’t changed — focus on yourself. Stop believing that anybody can snatch your dream away. You have the power to keep going. I don’t care if I, present self, get pimples, dry hair, or a little chunky. All that matters is that I see me in your spot through that mirror. What is that saying? Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the baddest of them all?

women in black coat near a brown wooden table looking in a mirror on the wall
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels

Look at you, you are a different woman. I can just imagine how much you have grown to be the person you wanted to be. Although, there were times you doubted yourself and you wanted to revert to having a simple-minded vision, you did not. You look good— nice curves, flourishing hair, clear skin and no man getting on your nerves! The Taylor I see in the mirror is the Taylor I know will accomplish above and beyond all her goals in life. Whenever you look in the mirror, you tell yourself that “You will have everything you want”. Everybody that doubted you are begging to come back in your life. I saw it for myself. Remember that one person that stressed me out? Yeah, I saw them texting you and you blocked them— I am so proud of you. You have been working so hard in school and you have accomplished so much. That business you wanted, helping the African American kids, traveling the world, finding the love of your life and becoming the therapist in your own private practice— you have accomplished it and I know it.

Dr. Walker sounds so good and I know if you have not achieved it as I am writing this letter to you to read years from now, then I know you are almost there. Do not give up because everything is just beginning and falling into place for you.

sticky notes with words on a mirror
Photo by cottonbro from Pexels

I have envisioned success and true happiness within you, and you have made it come true. I know you will not make past me unhappy. Even if a curve ball is thrown at you, dodge it to your best ability and keep striving forward. These goals that you have created are not the end, keep dreaming and you will thrive beyond my imagination. Before you leave the mirror to go on your date with yourself— self-love is the best love— just remember that your mom did not raise a quitter. She raised a fighter and you have been fighting all your life. When things start to make you question yourself, just remember to fight for every boy and girl that needs your help, fight for that promotion at your job and fight for yourself. Past and present me are so proud of you, future self and we cannot wait time to see you reach the stars one day. Love yourself!

This letter is the key to manifesting the life I want and envision for myself. You cannot let the negative thoughts in your mind get to you. Wherever you are in life right now, just know your situation will not be for long. Things will get better and you will attain all that you have planned. Sometimes your dreams may change, but that does not mean they have stopped. You do not need the validation of somebody else’s success or words to deter you from who you are and how your path of success has been. All those tears you have been pouring out, watch your blessings pour in when you manifest the life you want. Write your goals down right now and plan for your future. Your future self will thank you in the end— I know mine does.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

Hi, my name is Taylor Walker. I am a senior at Florida State University majoring in Sociology with a minor in Psychology. I love to write about my experiences and things I love. In my spare time, I make content for my Youtube channel called Taylor Renae.
Her Campus at Florida State University.