The Midtown Caboose: Your New Favorite Restaurant in Tallahassee

If you’re familiar with Tallahassee, you’re familiar with Monk’s – the super popular bar and grill located on Tharpe Street. Known for its unique burgers, it has always been a popular spot for students to frequent since it first opened in 2008.

The Wells Brothers, Adam and Matt, are at it again and are bringing us a brand new restaurant – The Midtown Caboose – and you’ll be able to start eating there this week (February 13th, to be exact). While there are a ton of restaurants here in Tally that are unique, the Caboose is going to be a huge hit by bringing the menu to the next level. The restaurant, with their slogan being, “A Place for Everyone,” is looking to be just that as they feature food items that everyone, young and old, will absolutely love (the menu is also extremely vegetarian-friendly!). Inspired by friends and family, the Wells Brothers came together to create a menu that will be sure to be the talk of the town. Let’s go over some items that are sure to be insanely popular and interesting to try out (to see the rest of the menu for yourself, check out the website here):

Pizza Chips  Deep fried pizza dough balls with jalapeño cheese and marinara sauce to dip them in is all you need to know.

Pulled Pork Wontons  Matt Wells, or better known by his nick name Monk, is bringing his award-winning smoked pulled pork to the restaurant and making it into delicious deep fried wontons, complete with cilantro-lime cream cheese and fresh jalapeños!

The Mac Daddy  This burger comes with mac-n-cheese, bacon, fried pickles, and BBQ sauce. It’s definitely going to be a favorite! 

The Sushi Chef  The most unique burger you’ll ever have – topped with Ahi tuna, wasabi aioli, eel sauce, and grilled asparagus. 

The Legend of WeeWa Ike Have you ever had a fried burger? Well, now you can. This burger is dipped in chocolate stout beer batter (which creates a whole new taste) and is fried, with peanut butter, chili, and melted cheddar cheese on top. 

The Produce TruckWho needs meat when you can have an amazing portabella mushroom? This awesome vegetarian-friendly sandwich has a huge portabella mushroom steak with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, roasted red peppers, and a garlic-pesto aioli to top it off!

If you’re feeling thirsty after having an awesome dinner, you can even decide to stay and hang out on the giant back patio to have a few drinks (if you’re 21 and up, of course). Opening at 11 am every day and staying open late (until 2 am on Thursdays through Saturdays), the Midtown Caboose is sure to be the new fan-favorite in town.

Haleigh is a 22 year old college student who is slowly but surely getting closer and closer to graduating from the beautiful Florida State University (in May, to be exact). With a love for puppies that's almost too much to handle at times and a slight obsession with sushi, Haleigh is passionate about all things cute and fun, with a hint of sass. Go Noles!
Her Campus at Florida State University.