Messages to Get You in the Right Frame of Mind for 2019

For some, spring semester is a breeze. But for the rest of us, it is just as action packed as the previous one, if not more. To help you readjust to the new year, new semester and the new elements they may bring along with them, I have created a list of some of the cutest quote graphics that keep me going when I need a push.

Courtesy Jessica Hardman on VSCO

This quote is a little bit bittersweet, but it’s also very important because it is a reminder that not everything is going to go perfectly and slip-ups and sad things will happen. Life never goes exactly according to the way we had planned, but no matter how crazy things get, the most important thing for you to do is to keep your head up and know that there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Courtesy: TheHairNerds on Instagram

College comes with a ton of stress, between classes, involvement, and drama, sometimes you debate if everything was worth it. I love this quote because it helps you put things into perspective during times like that. Think back to a few years ago when your biggest stressor was your college applications and the fear in the back of your mind that you might not get into college. There are many people out there who will never get the opportunity to be at a university, so whenever life is stressing you out, you should use that stress to both motivate you to make the best out of the opportunity you have and also empower you because you already have some of the things you once hoped for in the past. You are a star!

Courtesy: relateablemoods on VSCO

It’s pretty easy to fall into the same patterns and same routine every day because it’s comfortable, but you must be careful not to become stagnant at this point in your life. Don’t be afraid change things up when you can and be willing to accept opportunities that will both challenge and change you for the better. Sometimes the best personal growth happens when you step out of your comfort zone, which is what this quote captures.

Courtesy: MentraBand on Instagram

This is something I personally struggle with a lot because I can be very critical of myself, and I know I’m not the only one. No matter how badly you feel you handled a situation in the past, or how many better things to say you came up with in your head, it’s important to keep in mind that you did the best you could with what you knew at the time, and it’s not going to do you any good beating yourself up about things you can’t change. Adjust your focus and use what you have learned from past experiences to make your future ones better. 

Courtesy: Bookindia

The world is not always a kind place, so sometimes it feels like it sucks to have a kind heart and not get the same energy from others. But whenever you feel down about this, remember that having a loving heart in a world that is not as loving is a superpower, not a weakness. The ability to show compassion to others is a sign of your own maturity and wisdom, so don’t ever feel bad about it. 

Calista is a sophomore at Florida State University majoring in Media Communication Studies. She is passionate about fashion, oldies music, cats, and seeing the world become a more caring place. You can find her on Instagram @Calistaflowers
Her Campus at Florida State University.