Meet the Warner Brothers Ambassador and See The Batman a Week Early

It seems like just yesterday the first trailers for the new Batman film were gracing our screens, but the release is finally here. And students at Florida State University (FSU) can see an early screening of the movie on March 1! 

I had the opportunity to chat with the on-campus Warner Brothers (WB) Ambassador, Noah Alewel, about his position and the screening.

Her Campus (HC): How did you get the Warner Brothers Ambassador position?

Noah Alewel (NA): I’ve been a part of the Film Club at FSU for a few years now. Last year, when I was Vice President, the previous WB Ambassador reached out to see if the club would be interested in hosting a giveaway for the new Conjuring movie that was coming out. The giveaway ended up being a huge success with our members! Which led to the ambassador reaching out in the future for any other opportunities she had for us (including even sponsoring our Film Festival with Dune merch and free tickets for our winners).

I ended up becoming friends with the ambassador through all this, which led to her nominating me for her position when she graduated in December. After a couple rounds of interviews, I was offered the position and have been working with WB since the beginning of the year.

HC: Since you are the ambassador, I would assume that you are a big movie fan. Is there a specific genre or movie behind that love?

NA: I’m a huge movie fan! It’s what drew me to the Film Club in the first place. Growing up, I’d go see all of the new Harry Potter and superhero movies with my dad. Sitting in the theater with him sparked my passion for filmmaking and I’ve been working towards a career in the industry ever since. Which is why having this opportunity with WB means so much to me. Being able to work in a company with such a rich history and help out on films like The Batman is such an amazing opportunity. It’s incredibly rewarding even if I’m just a tiny role in an unbelievably huge process.

HC: On the topic of The Batman, how did you manage to score a screening of such a big movie?

NA: Honestly, there’s so much that goes into selecting a school for a screening. Especially for a film as big as The Batman. It’s a lot of work with so many factors of availability for theaters and general interest from students on other films we’ve promoted in the past.

It’s also important to note that screenings are just a part of anyone campaign. I’m also tasked with helping promote the film in other ways like giveaways at the same time. So, the success of those things also contribute.

HC: So, are you a Batman fan?

NA: Definitely. I, personally, haven’t seen the latest film yet. But I grew up reading and collecting comics. Batman was definitely a character I read a lot of.

HC: Can any FSU student get tickets? And how can those interested get tickets?

NA: For sure! There are not really tickets for this event in the traditional way. FSU students are able to sign up for a pass to the movie via the link in the Film Club’s Instagram bio. I’m also working hard to make sure it’s shared with as many organizations on campus as I can possibly reach. It was really important to Warner Brothers on this film, in particular, to make sure we’re reaching out to as many people in as many circles as possible.

One thing that’s important to note with the passes, though, is that it’s not a guaranteed entry into the screening. It’s a very limited showing of only around 98 people. But the sign-up link does allow for more than that, so not everyone who gets a pass will definitely get into the showing. It’s unfortunate, but the best we were able to do.

That said, to anyone who wasn’t able to get a pass or unable to get into the showing on the day of. I’m also doing a giveaway next week on campus, where students can come find me, answer a riddle, and post about it on their socials, and in return, they can receive either a free fandango pass to see the film in theaters once it’s out or a shirt or a hat.

We’re doing our best to help as many FSU students see the film as possible and Warner Brothers has been so good at helping me make that possible.

HC: Is there a specific page that students can follow to find out about future events?

NA: I am currently working on setting up an email list that students can sign up for and I will email those who are interested in any Warner Brothers stuff I have in the works on campus. But, in the meantime, following me and the Film Club at FSU’s Instagram are the best places to stay up to date.

HC: Finally, do you have any advice for someone who might be looking to become the WB ambassador in the future?

NA: I don’t know if there’s any direct advice I could give since there most likely won’t be another position open at FSU until I graduate. But, if I think back on how I got into the position to interview, it mostly centers around my overall passion for movies and entertainment. I got involved in as many organizations as I possibly could that I had even a passing interest in. It allowed me to meet so many cool people like Emily, develop my skills in so many forms of entertainment, and continue to grow my passion for movies. My advice to anyone would be just to work hard on what they love. Not everything you make or do has to be great, but if you’re constantly pushing towards your goals, you’ll be rewarded in so many ways. It won’t happen overnight, but don’t give up on yourself.

If you can’t make the screening, The Batman hits theaters on March 4. And as Noah mentioned, be checking social media for posts concerning giveaways and other fun opportunities.

Click here to register for the ticket waitlist: http://wbtickets.com/FSUBATMAN

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Peyton is a senior double majoring in Communications and Editing, Writing, Media. She is a member of the Majorette Line with the Marching Chiefs and she hopes to one day be a sports reporter.