danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Peyton Peck, the Editor in Chief of Clutch Magazine

Clutch has been FSU’s premier fashion magazine for over 10 years and Peck has fearlessly taken on the role of EIC for this year. She is a style guru and fun loving sweetheart of a human being. I got the chance to sit down with my editor to get the details on all things @Peyyyy. Her Instagram is flawless, her car is a dream, and she is always sporting the trendiest clothes. Read all about Peyton and why she is just one of the coolest people I know. 

Fast Facts: 

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Major: Retail Merchandising and Product Development

Favorite Food: Charcuterie board

Favorite Drink: Pinot Noir

Favorite Movie: 10 Things I Hate About You

Favorite book: Mindfulness

Favorite TV show: That 70’s Show

Favorite spot in Tallahassee: Wilbury’s

Style Icon: Stevie Nicks

Fun fact: My spirit animal is a llama

Her Campus (HC): As EIC of Clutch, student, and overall style master, you must have to manage your time very well, how do you do it all?

Peyton Peck (PP): Planner. My Planner is my life. If I did not have my planner, I probably would blank on half the things I have to do. It keeps me on track. People normally make notes on their phone, but to me, there is nothing like writing something down. However, when it comes to Clutch, I would not be able to do it all without my wonderful team I work with. Without them, Clutch Magazine would not be where it is today. 

HC: When did you first realize you wanted to take on a position like this?

PP: I realized I wanted to take this position after working under the old Editor in Chief, Madison Marshall. She saw something in me that I did not see in myself. Sometimes it takes that one person to believe in you to push you to bigger and better things.

HC: What’s your favorite thing to do for fun? And why?

PP: My favorite thing to do for fun is to travel. I studied abroad in Florence, Italy and ever since I have had a new passion for exploring places.

HC: Describe your style in a sentence.

PP: My style is funky & free.

HC: If you could grab coffee with one person (dead or alive), who would it be and why?

PP: If I could grab coffee with one person (dead or alive), it would have to be Anna Wintour. She is the Editor in Chief of Vogue. I would love to talk to her to get her advice on how she got to where she is.

HC: Where are your favorite places to shop?

PP: Vintage, to me, is timeless. The old is always the upcoming new. I love love love vintage shopping. You can find me at every thrift store. Nothing like finding a piece of clothing that has a story behind it.

HC: How would you describe your perfect day?

PP: My perfect day always includes an adventure. I love the unexpected. It’s one of the things I love about my job. I am never sitting still.

HC: You’re also passionate about music/music festivals; where does that come from? And what has been your all-time favorite concert or music festival?

PP: My dad is the number one influence on my taste in music. Whether it was him driving me to school or cruising around in the boat growing up, my dad would play all time classics including the Grateful Dead, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Jackson Browne, etc. He taught me a passion for old music. To me, there is nothing like good lyrics and a badass guitar player. Some of my favorite concerts have been Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Portugal The Man and Mumford and Sons.

HC: You’re picking out an outfit. Take us through the process.

PP: When I pick out an outfit, I choose pieces from different places that complement each other. I pull pieces from thrift, vintage, and mainstream stores and pick the pieces that stand out to me. I normally only buy items if I absolutely love them. I can enter a store and walk out with just one thing. You could find me in forever 21 jeans with a top from Zara topped off with a vintage jacket.

HC: You have the coolest car in Tallahassee. What has been the best part of having your iconic no-doors beautiful jeep?

PP: There is nothing like a Jeep. People will say, “Jeep people love their Jeep’s.” It is an absolute fact. Jeep people literally have respect for other Jeep people. We even have the Jeep wave exclusively for Jeep Wranglers. Every Jeep you see you have to give the classic Jeep wave to acknowledge that you both are Jeep owners. Like, who does that? Well, it’s awesome lol.

HC: What has been the most rewarding moment on Clutch as Editor, or before?

PP: The most rewarding moment for me is watching every element come together to produce the final product. I get to work with such creative individuals to produce this collaboration of art. I love to see everyone’s reactions as it is all pieced together. It is truly rewarding to see smiles. My job is to inspire success. There is nothing like working with people who want to work together. Once you see all the hard work and collaboration come together, it is pure bliss.

HC: What are your responsibilities as EIC?

PP: Being EIC of Clutch, my responsibilities are everything. I dabbled in every aspect of the magazine. I believe as a leader, you have to stay connected with everyone and every element of each job.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about being a student at FSU?

PP: My favorite thing about FSU is the people. I have never been more captivated by our student body. At FSU, I have met the most kind-hearted individuals. Everyone is different in their own way.

HC: Travel wise, what’s your favorite place to visit and what do you like doing there?

PP: Travel wise, my favorite place to visit is Dorest, Vermont. My grandmother and grandfather have a house there and I have been going ever since I was a one-year-old. Every year, my whole family, from aunts & uncles to cousins & step-cousins and grandkids, meet in this house that holds around 30 people. I call it My Heaven. It is the one place where I can go and have no worries at all. There are no phones or televisions, just the company of family and friends.

HC: What do you plan on doing after college?

PP: After college, I hope to travel more of the world before settling down. To me, there is no better way to educate yourself more than traveling.

HC: What’s your dream job?

PP: My dream job is to work for a major magazine, like Rolling Stone. It incorporates music, art and fashion; all of my favorite subjects.

All images courtesy of Peyton Peck. 

Miami, FL 
Her Campus at Florida State University.