Meet Parker Ovalle: FSU Dance Major

Photo by Rick McCullough

This week, I’m excited to introduce you to FSU dance major extraordinaire, Parker Ovalle. At 6 foot 5, Ovalle is the tallest dancer to be in the dance program at FSU ever. His quirky and fun personality is hard to miss and his love for dance is clear. This guy is definitely one to watch out for on the dance floor. If you haven’t had the opportunity to watch him yet, here’s your chance to get to know Ovalle a little better now!

Name: Parker Ovalle

Age: 21

Year: Junior

Hometown: Winter Haven, FL

Major: Dance BFA

Relationship status: Dating

Her Campus (HC): What do you like to do for fun?

Parker Ovalle (PO): Usually I like to go anywhere that plays music and has enough room to dance. It gives my friends and I a chance to release, relax, and just have a good time. If not that, I’m usually practicing being a male stripper at local weddings.

HC: What would you say are three adjectives that describe you?

PO: Ambitious, humorous, and delicious.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush and why?

PO: Well it used to be Scarlett Johansson, but ever since I broke up with her she won’t stop calling me…

HC: What traits attract you to a girl?

PO: Kindness…intelligence…a donk.

HC: Do you believe in love at first sight?

PO: Sure I do. Depends on what you’re looking at.

HC: Tell us your best or worst dating story.

PO: I once took this girl out to the swings when I was in kindergarten. After all afternoon of swinging back and forth, we went in to get food at our local venue, the snack room. One moment we were drinking our juice pouches and then all of sudden she disappeared. I headed to the back room for naptime, and when I got there I found my best friend and this girl sleeping on mats RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. Traumatic experience. It scarred me for life.  

HC: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

PO: Amsterdam…yeah…

HC: What would your dream job be?

PO: I would love to get a job on Saturday Night Live. If not that, I would love to be the Twerk Team Captain for Beyoncé.

HC: What’s your favorite part about being a part of the dance major at FSU?

PO: That moment at the end of performing a dance the best you could and everyone is clapping for you, which is almost as great as counting the dollars I pull out of my stripper outfit at the end of the night.

HC: What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?

PO: I’m one of those guys who often likes to do small gestures more than one huge thing. Some of my small gestures include: buying flowers because it’s Tuesday, cooking an awesome dinner, and even the occasional lap dance IF she gets lucky.

If you’re interested in learning more about the dance program at FSU, one of the top dance programs in the nation, check out http://www.dance.fsu.edu. Better yet, try attending one of their upcoming concerts on April 4 & 5, 2014 or April 25 & 26, 2014. 

Kayla is a senior at Florida State University. She is majoring in Public Relations with minors in Business and Hospitality Management. Apart from taking courses and writing for Her Campus, Kayla enjoys spending time with friends, traveling, and discovering the best places around town. She hopes to work in the Hospitality PR industry after she graduates in May.   
Her Campus at Florida State University.