As students at Florida State, we usually don’t get to get to know our athletes that bring a smile to our faces every Saturday more than what we see on the field. In reality, they’re really just everyday students like me and you, enjoying their lives at the best university in the nation. If you know about the Florida State Seminoles, you’re most likely familiar with Jalen Ramsey, one of the best cornerbacks around. From an article about Jalen on tallahassee.com, Coach Fisher had nothing but good things to say about his character and talent on the team: “’He influences a lot of people. He’s a leader…From the time he touched down on campus, you could see that he was going to be a phenomenal player – Jalen’s as good of a football player as we’ve got, one of the best ones I’ve ever been around in the secondary.’” From what he likes to do on his off-days to his pre-game rituals, let’s get to know this week’s Campus Celebrity, Jalen Ramsey!

Source: (http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/556/216/6_1216556.jpg)

HC: What’s your major?

JR: Sports Management.

HC: Where are you from? What do you miss most about your hometown?

JR: I’m from Nashville, Tennessee. I miss my family the most. Other than that, it’s kind of boring if you don’t like country music.

HC: What is your favorite thing about being a Florida State Seminole?

JR: I love the tradition of our school and my team. 

HC: What were your personal and team goals going into this football season?

JR: My personal goals were to improve from last season, win an end of the year award, and also be an All-American. The team goal is to repeat.

HC: Do you have any pre-game rituals (listening to a specific type of music, praying, etc.)?

JR: Before the team warms up together, I go out with the defensive backs to get a feel of the weather and field while doing drills. I listen to all types of music before the game, ranging from Drake, to 2pac, and all in between. Then, right before the game, I talk to myself repeating: “it’s a mindset” before running out with the team to go pray. Then it’s game time. 

HC: What do you like to do on your spare time?

JR: I usually just like to hang out with friends or just chill out and play Xbox.

HC: Do you have any funny stories to share from being on the road with the team?

JR: I wish hahahaha, but it’s usually all business. The national championship experience last year was fun though.  We went to a comedy show where we saw Ashy Larry from The Chappelle Show perform stand-up. The acts before that were funny too because they were joking on us. 

HC: Who are your role models, celebrity or non-celebrity?

JR: I don’t really have a role model; I just like to be myself. But I’m a huge fan of Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu of the Arizona Cardinals. I also like Seattle Seahawks defensive backs. And Jesus of course! 

Haleigh is a 22 year old college student who is slowly but surely getting closer and closer to graduating from the beautiful Florida State University (in May, to be exact). With a love for puppies that's almost too much to handle at times and a slight obsession with sushi, Haleigh is passionate about all things cute and fun, with a hint of sass. Go Noles!
Her Campus at Florida State University.