Meet the Executive Team: Our Favorite Phone Apps

You know that saying, “There’s an app for that?” In most cases, it’s probably true. In honor of the release of the new iPhone 8, here are some of our favorite phone apps that just make our lives a little bit easier.

Samantha Buxbaum, Director of Events:

“My friends from home and I all go to separate schools. During our freshman year, we sent a ton of cards to each other as a way to catch up beyond our general text conversations. As we were sending cards back and forth, someone discovered the app called INK which we now use all the time. Through the app, you can create your own postcards with themed templates. You can choose your own color palette, insert your own pictures and messages—and they are laminated! The best part is that cards only cost $1.99 and that includes postage and shipping. Cards that you buy at the store can get really expensive, but these are so cute and cheap!” 

Courtesy: Samantha Buxbaum

Hannah Messinger, Managing Editor

“I like POETRY by Poetry Foundation. You get to search for poems based on your mood, on author, or subject. You also can generate a random mood and the app will give you thirteen poems that apply to it! It’s honestly amazing.”

Courtesy: Hannah Messinger

Maria Jimenez, Public Relations Director

“If you know me you know I’m always hungry. I use Yelp to find that certain food I’m craving wherever and whenever! Yelp isn’t limited to restaurants and bars—I have found great salons, local events and many other things!”

Courtesy: Maria Jimenez

Eliana DuBosar, Editor-in-Chief

“My favorite app at the moment is Buzzfeed’s Tasty app. Buzzfeed has always been my go-to website to kill time and I’ve always loved looking at the recipes section. What’s so cool about the Tasty app is you have all of these recipes at your fingertips and can sort by what type of meal you’re looking for then save recipes that you like for later. I love trying new things and all of the recipes on the app are definitely different and very easy to follow.”

Courtesy: Eliana DuBosar

Samantha is an Editing, Writing and Media major. She loves a good cup of coffee, a ruby red lip, roadtripping, and being a downright goof. She dreams to travel the world someday and write about all her adventures. But for now, she just really hopes she can just keep balancing everything at once.
Her Campus at Florida State University.