Meet the Executive Team: How We Spend Galentine’s Day

Even if you’ve never seen Parks and Rec, chances are you’ve heard about Galentine’s Day. This is how Galentine’s Day founder, Amy Poehler’s character Leslie Knope, describes it: “Oh, it’s only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.” Here are some of the ways our Exec Team spend their Galentine’s Days!

Felicity Warner: Editor-In-Chief

“No Galentine’s Day is complete for me unless it involves my closest friends and some very unhealthy dessert choices. Since freshman year, my friends and I all buy or make baked goods and enjoy our evening together watching a cheesy romance movie. My classic contribution usually involves bringing a tub of cookie dough to eat. Yup, you read that right. It’s all about self-love, am I right?”

Courtesy: Pinterest

Tawnie Simpson: Junior Social Media Director

“Personally I think it would be so fun to get a group of gals together to get crafty. There is a never-ending wealth of DIY canvas paintings and projects on Pinterest to discover together. On top of that, canvases and paints are super cheap and you and your squad can easily pick a variety of them up at Walmart. It would even be really cute to do a craft exchange with each other once everyone finishes with their painting. DIY-ing just seems like the perfect relaxed activity to do while chatting, watching reruns of The Bachelor and eating lots of chocolate-covered strawberries together!”

Courtesy: Zet.com

Maria Jimenez: Public Relations Director

“Galentine’s Day is nothing without wine. My girls and I are planning a Thomasville day trip to include a tasting at Farmer’s Daughter Vineyard. Of course we need to wine and dine ourselves this year.”

Samantha Buxbaum: Senior Events Coordinator

“I think a fun idea for Galentine’s Day would be to take a day trip to Thomasville! They have such cute shops and restaurants and great places to stop and take some pictures too. It’s perfect for a little getaway without going too far!”

Courtesy: Samantha Buxbaum

Emma Cyphers: Secretary

“What I like to do for Galentine’s Day is to send my girlfriends gift packages to treat themselves. I like to include a lotion, body scrub, bath bomb and their favorite candy. It’s important to put yourself first during the Valentine’s season that so many dread.”

Melizza Black: Junior Social Media Director

“My idea of the best Galentine’s day is scheduling a sleepover with your best friends just like you did when you were younger. Complete with cute pajamas, furry slippers and face masks! What better way to spend the holiday than relaxing with your girls?”

Courtesy: la Española

Taylor Zollo: Social Media Director

“I basically live to pamper myself. My nails are always painted, I’m constantly stocked with facial necessities and often prefer nights in. To prep for my spa nights, I normally stock up on popcorn, fun facials from Target, Essie nail polish (9/10 times I choose Essie’s Marshmallow) and a fun movie. Hope this inspires your next spa night, enjoy!”

Hannah Messinger: Managing Editor

“My favorite way to celebrate Galentine’s Day is going to Madso and doing the challenge! This month it’s all wine, which makes it ten times better.”

Her Campus at Florida State University.