Career

Meet the Creator and Owner Behind Halo Threads: Alexa de Paz

Alexa de Paz, the creator and owner of Halo Threads sat down with me to discuss what it was like to start her own small online business.

Her Campus (HC): What’s your name, age and major?

Alexa de Paz (ADP): My name is Alexa de Paz, I am 19-years-old and I am a political science major planning to go to law school. 

HC: What inspired you to start your own online business?

ADP: I created Halo Threads in December of 2020 after I had a spiritual awakening during my time over quarantine. I also created Halo Threads to help me with school as all of the proceeds I earn will be put towards my finances for attending law school. 

HC: What is the main reason you chose to base your business around spirituality in comparison to something else?

ADP: Over the quarantine of 2020 due to COVID-19, I had a spiritual awakening that opened me to the world of spirituality. I learned that you create your own reality as the universe is within you and that you are the universe. I learned that you can be, have and create anything you want through manifestation, which is an extremely powerful and beautiful thing. I also learned about spirit guides and how they are able to help us throughout our lives. They are able to guide us in the right direction by speaking to us through earthly signs and messages that help us understand larger concepts along our spiritual journey. I felt that this theme was appropriate for my online business as it is something I am passionate about and want to share with others. 

HC: What does Halo Threads sell?

ADP: Halo Threads sells handmade hoodies and jewelry based on zodiac signs or angel numbers. I chose to incorporate angel numbers into the merchandise because that is one of the ways in which spirit guides communicate through. Each set of angel numbers, such as 111, 222 and 333, holds a different significance. I wanted to base this company, or at least the start of it, on precisely this because I love the idea of someone seeing one of my products and receiving a message that may be exactly what they needed to hear on that day. By wearing one of our products like our Halo Hoodie, also known as our Customizable Tie Dye Angel Number Hoodie, you can wear something that resonates with you while also helping someone else who sees you wearing it on their spiritual journey, kind of acting like a spirit guide yourself! 

Girl with hoodie
Original photo by Meagan Planas
HC: What has been your favorite aspect of creating Halo Threads?

ADP: Honestly it’s hard to say what my favorite thing about Halo Threads has been since it’s been an idea I have had for so long. I would probably have to say being able to share my passion for spirituality with others as I continue learning about spirituality. My goal is to use Halo Threads as a way to keep sharing my knowledge and own journey as a spiritual being as well as open others to the world of spirituality. 

HC: Where can people find Halo Threads?

ADP: Anyone who’s interested in making a purchase can find Halo Threads on Instagram @halo.threads or online at Halo Threads

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYoutube and Pinterest!

Meagan is a student at Florida State University located in Tallahassee, Florida. She's a second-year staff writer for Her Campus and is double majoring in Marketing & Management Information Systems. In her spare time she enjoys reading, acai bowls, and finding new workouts!