Name: Cassidy McShane

Year: Freshman

Relationship Status: Single

Major: Information Communication & Technology

HC: How does it feel to be away from home for the first time?

CM: I really like it. I was afraid I was going to be really home sick because I am the youngest child and I’ve never been away from home before. I feel like I am really coming into myself because I have a lot more responsibility and freedom. It helps to have my older sister here, but I still miss my parents a lot and I am really looking forward to seeing them for parents weekend.

HC: What advice would you offer to “the babies of the family” who are the last to leave home?

CM: I would tell them to be ready for a big change and get involved in as much as possible. I joined a sorority this year and I love the sense of community I get from having sisters around me all the time.

HC: What do you miss most about home?

CM: My cat Kahlua, my moms cooking, and the way the water tastes back home (in that order).

HC: What is your favorite TV show?

CM: Modern Family, I used to watch it all the time with my mom.

HC: What is your type?

CM: Well, for just some basic qualities I love a good sense of humor, confidence, and intelligence. I also really value someone who takes care of themselves. Oh, and they have to have a good relationship with their mom. Dressing well doesn’t hurt either (no jorts).

HC: Who is the biggest inspiration in your life?

CM: My parents for sure. They are both such strong, self-made people with amazing compassion. I have always strived to be more like them in everything I do. 

Third year Editing/Writing/Media & International Affairs Major.FSU Campus Correspondent Reader, Runner, Coffee lover."Everyones life ends the same way. It is only the details of how one lived and how one died that distinguish one man from another." ~Hemingway 
Her Campus at Florida State University.