Meet Campus Cutie Lauren Browning: Book Smart Babe Stepping Out of Her Comfort Zone

Name: Lauren Browning

Year: Sophomore

Age: 20

Hometown: Sebastian, FL

Relationship status: Single (and ready to mingle)

Major: Biology and Education

Her Campus (HC): Why did you decide to major in biology and education?

Lauren Browning (LB): I think education is one of the most valued things in today’s society, and I love biology. So I decided to combine them and I would like to teach middle or high school science.

HC: Why specifically middle or high school science?

LB: I like that age bracket; I love little kids but I don’t think I could teach them.

HC: What are some of your extracurricular activities?

LB: I play volleyball, I’m in Phi Sigma Pi honor fraternity, I’m an RA at Smith Hall, and I’m involved in We Teach.

HC: What are some things you do in your free time?

LB: I like to run, read, watch Netflix, and hang out with friends.

HC: What has been your latest Netflix obsession?

LB: Friday Night Lights—the tv show. It’s a pretty great show and also a book!

HC: What are some of your favorite books?

LB: Uh.. Can we do favorite authors instead? I’ve read so many books!

HC: Sure!

LB: I really love Nicholas Sparks, John Green, Jodie Picoult, and JK Rowling. I really love books; there’s this poster that I have that says, “Reading gives us some place to go when we have to stay where we are,” and I just love it because it perfectly describes me. Look, it has a giraffe on it!

HC: Haha, what’s your favorite animal?

LB: I actually really love giraffes.

HC: Being a sophomore, do you still feel the excitement of being here? Is there anything new you’ve been trying out?

LB: I took too many classes in my freshman year. This year I’m all about trying all new things. I go out to eat to places I’ve never been like Midtown Caboose (a really good burger place), Smallcakes Cupcakery, and I’m also experiencing Tallahassee, like going to the museums and the capital building. I just want to experience life outside the library this year.

HC: Do you have a celebrity crush?

LB: Ryan Gosling. That man is gorgeous. And also Zac Efron because lets be real.

HC: What’s your type when it comes to real people?

LB: I like guys who are athletic but smart, but they MUST be tall.

HC: What’s the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you?

LB: On the second week of school this year, I went into HCB on the third floor for my class, arrived early, and when the teacher came in, she started talking and I realized I was in the complete wrong class!

HC: What class were you in? Where were you supposed to be?!

LB: I was trying to go to pre-calc, but I was actually sitting in economics! But what was funny was that the teacher called me out on it like, “who are you???”

HC: What would you say is the best thing you’ve ever done, your biggest accomplishment?

LB: Probably getting into FSU. It’s something I dreamed of since I was a little girl, and when I got in it was the proudest moment of my life! This is the dream for me. I’m so excited. I love it here. 

Staff Writer for Her Campus FSU!
Her Campus at Florida State University.