Meet Campus Celeb Madeline DuPlessis: 4FSU TV Host

Name: Madeline DuPlessis

Major: Marketing and Professional Sales

Year: Junior

Hometown: Ocala, FL

Relationship Status: Taken

Her Campus (HC): How did you land the role as a host for WFSU TV?

Madeline DuPlessis (MD): I started at WFSU last spring by going through an application process, research test, and an on-camera audition for a show called University Update. I was a host on that show for Spring 2014, which made me eligible to be a host for Florida Statements, where I am now.

HC: Can you describe your role as a host for us?

MD: The show I currently work on is called Florida Statements. They are 5-minute interview segments shot by Mike Dunn’s RTV3225 class, so they can learn how television production works. They run the camera, direct, do audio, etc.  I work as the on-camera talent, interviewing the guests we have come in, usually FSU students or faculty. WFSU manages the university’s educational access channel called “4fsu” (Comcast Channel 4), and that is the channel the show is on.

HC: Who have you had the opportunity to interview on the air so far?

MD: I have met with the Director of Homecoming for Florida State, and one of the lovely FSU Lady SpiritHunters. Recently, and probably the most fun, was players from the FSU Quidditch Team.

HC: What else can you tell us about WFSU TV? How can others get involved?

MD: Anyone can get involved with WFSU TV, no matter what grade or major you are. You can send an email to our Senior Producer, Suzanne Smith, if you are interested. She will send you an email when it comes time to sign up again. SMSmith2@fsu.edu

HC: What is your favorite part of being a host for the station?

MD: I love the fact that it’s a learning experience for everyone there; from the floor director to the cameraperson, and everyone in the studio behind the scenes. We all work together to make the show complete, and it gets better each week as we gain more experience.

HC: I understand that you are involved with a few other organizations on campus. Can you tell us about those?

MD: I’m currently Activities Director of my sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha. I am a member of the Garnet and Gold Key Leadership Honorary, and a Seminole Torchbearer. I am also a member of the Seminole Sales Club.

HC: What drives you to be a leader and so involved on campus?

MD: I like to think I am a natural-born leader, and all the exciting and diverse opportunities for involvement and leadership on Florida State’s campus make it impossible not to be a part of it all! 

Her Campus at Florida State University.