Meet Caitlin Dulas: An Involved Student Celebrity

Name: Caitlin Dulas

Year in college: Junior          

Major: Chinese with a Business minor

Hometown: Stuart, Florida

Organizations involved with on campus: Asian American Student Union and North Florida Student Fellowship. Caitlin has a passion for helping others and having fun in the organizations she is a part of. She has met a lot of great friends by joining campus groups with people who have the same drive and desire as her. She is a fabulous representation of a campus celeb, as she is a part of some great student organizations where she can put her sweet and kindhearted nature to good use.

Her Campus (HC): So, tell me about the Asian American Student Union.

Caitlin Dulas (CD): The goal of the AASU is to increase awareness of the Asian student body here at Florida State. The AASU hosts a lot of really fun events to spread knowledge and appreciation of Asian culture. Some events include the AAMP’D Concert, where the Asian culture is represented through various forms of entertainment such as art, music, dance, food. Another event we had this past summer was a “cool off,” where we all got to hang out and get to know each other. We actually had the first general body meeting the other day. I love coming back to campus and returning to the organizations I enjoy being a part of.

HC: That sounds great! I think it’s important to join as many clubs as you can to expand your cultural awareness.

CD: I have to agree! As a freshman, you should consider joining any clubs that sound interesting because you never know what opportunities could arise from them or whom you may end up meeting. Opening up to trying new things is such an important part of the college experience.

HC: Tell me more about the North Florida Student Fellowship…you’ve been a member of this organization since freshman year!

CD: I joined the North Florida Student Fellowship my first year here at Florida State. Well, one of the reasons I joined is because the group is a fantastic way to meet fellow Christians here on campus and grow spiritually by applying scripture to our college lives. The organization has a team of amazing people who help prepare us for following God’s path through the challenges and hardships that many college students face on the journey of adulthood.

HC: That’s so great to hear you’ve found two great campus organizations!

CD: I am definitely happy that I joined these two amazing organizations that have allowed me to enhance my cultural awareness and grow closer to God while attending college! 

Amanda is a Senior at Florida State University who loves writing about local Tallahassee culture, anything fashion related, and tips to help all college girls live a happy & healthy lifestyle! She also has her own blog, www.affordablebyamanda.com where she talks about beauty, lifestyle, fashion and college related tips!
Her Campus at Florida State University.