Meet Andrew Mikaels: Foodie Cutie

Name: Andrew Mikaels

Age: 22

Major: Human Resource Management

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus (HC): What do you like to do in your free time?

Andrew Mikaels (AM): I normally call up one of my buddies and we head down to the Leach to play racquetball.  Sometimes we like to mix it up and head over to Tom Brown Park to play. 

HC: Do you have any small quirks to your personality?

AM: I hope this doesn’t come off as too pretentious, but I lean towards being somewhat of a foodie and love trying different foods from all over the place. With this comes my hatred for chain restaurants. I tend to avoid going to them when I go out to eat at all costs and might think twice about dating a girl if she listed one as her favorite place to eat.

HC:  Any recommendations on where to eat?

AM: If you are headed down Apalachee Parkway, behind the Olive Garden is a pretty awesome place to get Indian food called Essence of India. I’ve yet to be disappointed with anything I’ve ordered.  I usually order medium spicy and it’s pretty fiery. The food has all the layers of complexity and spice interaction I associate with good Indian food.  

HC: What kinds of movies/TV shows do you prefer?

AM: I have a soft spot for modern American classics like Pulp Fiction and American Psycho, but I can enjoy summer blockbusters just as well. I hate Michael Bay with a passion though.  My favorite movie I have seen recently is American Hustle.  As for TV, I continually watch reruns of Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is a genius in my eyes and I will not give up hope for a 9th season of Curb.

HC: What are your plans immediately after undergrad?

AM: I would like to take some time off and head down to Australia; it’s always been a dream of mine to scuba dive on The Great Barrier Reef and if the opportunity presents itself and I like the area enough, I wouldn’t mind moving there for a couple years. My only real hesitancy is those spiders!

Her Campus at Florida State University.