Courtesy: The Maine Edge

For those of you who don’t know, Matt Bellassai is the latest and greatest in weekly blogging. Every Wednesday, a new episode of Whine About It comes out on Matt’s Facebook page and Tumblr. But these episodes are a little different from your average weekly video series. Blogging comes so easily to him because he’s drunk while he’s doing it. That’s right, Matt spends about an hour every Wednesday wasted at work, saying whatever comes to his mind. Being the best place to work ever, Buzzfeed allows Matt to drink on the job to produce his hilarious weekly videos. I know what you’re thinking, “Okay he’s drunk, we get it. But why is it worth my time?” Well if a sassy, fabulous, temperamental New Yorker sounds good to you, stay tuned. Here are some reasons why you need to start watching Matt on Wednesdays, like right now.  

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

Matt complains about anything and everything. He understands our daily triumphs and struggles… but mostly struggles.  Every week, his videos consist of “things I hate about…” from topics like staying in when all your friends want to go out and the worst things about your roommates. Matt has an insane amount of accuracy when it comes to every college girl’s lifestyle. He makes me feel better about being a complicated person because everything pisses him off at one time or another. I think he’s probably so in touch with his feminine side because of the copious amounts of wine he drinks. Before he begins, he pours a whole bottle of wine into his massive wine glass. This baby fits the whole thing into one glass, making the phrase, “I’ll just have one glass” acceptable.

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

At this point in my life, Matt has become a staple in my household. He is whom we pray to at night, and whom we want to stay up with watching Mulan for the hundredth time. I’ve decided that his wisdom needs to be shared, so I’ve started to write down some of my favorite Matt quotes. I send them to my roommates for daily inspiration and whenever they might need a good laugh, I send them to my mom when she’s being difficult, and if I could, I would send them to my professors as excuses for missing class. Some of my favorites include, but are not limited to…

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

Courtesy: Tumblr

Until you actually watch an episode, you can’t really understand the level of sarcasm and sass that comes with this man. You can check out all the episodes of Whine About It on Matt’s Facebook or Tumblr. He is also a finalist for a People’s Choice Award, so you know he’s kind of a big deal. Before wasting anymore time, grab your laptop, put on some Whine About It and sit back and enjoy. The few minutes that these episodes last are never long enough, but you’ll feel drunk just watching him struggle to perform daily tasks and yelling at his co-workers for being “lazy.”  So go on, whine about it. 

"We need to remember what's important in life... friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work... It doesn't matter. But work is third." -Leslie Knope
Her Campus at Florida State University.