Yes, it’s official: Marsai Martin holds the world record for being the youngest Hollywood executive producer to not only do her job as one but also star in the movie she executive produced, which is titled Little. All of this was accomplished by Martin at the age of 14.

For those who are unaware of who this young individual is, Marsai Martin is an American actress and executive producer. Many people know through her character Diane in the ABC television network show Black-ish, as well as her role in the movie Little, which led to her receiving this honor.

The world record was presented to Martin by Guinness World Records, a book that is published every year to address record-breaking achievements made by people all around the world. Now, anyone who holds the Guinness World Records 2021 book in their hands will be able to see Martin’s milestone by simply flipping through the book’s legendary pages.

The publication stated that Martin is “an inspiration to young people worldwide to believe in themselves, trust their instincts and embrace their imaginations.”

Little was released on April 12, 2019, and it is about a woman who transforms into the younger version of herself. The idea for the movie was pitched by Martin when she was 10 years old. Martin’s journey while working on Little consisted of overseeing everything going on during the production of the film by working with the crew and the cast, and supervising other areas of the movie as a whole. Statistics show that the movie made $15,405,455 in revenue during the opening weekend, with 2,667 opening theaters.

Empty movie seats
Photo by Felix Mooneeram on Unsplash

“To be able to create a film, star in it, be with my favorite stars and actually see that entire experience was so amazing, especially since Little was my very first experience,” said Martin. “It was so fun and so exciting because I always want to create things that make me happy and that I would actually imagine myself doing or being a part of. With those types of ideas that I have, it’s insane when they actually come into fruition and I’m really grateful.”

After all that Martin has achieved so far as an actress and executive producer, including multiple NAACP Image Awards, the world record is a recent addition to her plethora of accomplishments.

Martin expressed her gratitude after being told that her attempt to break the record was successful. “It feels crazy, honestly,” she said. “A world record? That’s insane! Like, the world—and then I hold the record—that’s honestly really, really cool. I could’ve never imagined to actually be a part of something like this, but now, look; it’s crazy.”

The newest edition of the Guinness World Records was released on Sep. 3. It is currently available for purchase in bookstores such as Books-A-Million and Barnes & Noble, as well as many other retailers, including Target and Amazon.

As for Marsai Martin, the world waits to see what else she has in store for her viewers and biggest fans.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and Pinterest!

?? Tarah Jean is a second-year student at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media. Tarah also loves journaling and going to church!
Her Campus at Florida State University.