pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Marching Chief’s Senior Will

This is a tradition that Marching Chiefs hold very dear. At the end of our time together, we write a senior will to our friends in our section or to chiefs that have made an impact on our lives. We will them things that we think are important or what we want them to remember. Though emotional, it is a way for our seniors to say goodbye to an organization that has made an impact on their lives. I now write my senior will to all of you. Students of Florida State that I love, and I wish the best for, here’s some advice from a graduating senior.

To the Freshmen:

I leave you time. These four years are going to fly by. I know its cliché, and everyone hates hearing it, but it’s the truth.  Take this time for yourself. Take this time to grow. There is going to be so much growth during your time here at Florida State. Not everything is going to be enjoyable, but everything will be for the better. Take time to improve your mental health. Talk to friends or take time for yourself. But also, don’t take yourself too seriously. Have fun. Go to a football game, go to that party, but be responsible. Know your limits and do not let anyone try to tell you what is best for you. Enjoy your time here because one day, you will be on the other end of this will and your time will be gone. Your time has just begun, and I hope that you spend it well.

To the Sophomores:

You’re not a freshman anymore! Congratulations, you made it through your first year of college and you didn’t flunk out. I know it sounds funny, but not everyone can say that. I feel like sophomore year is when you lose focus on the future. You aren’t new here anymore, but you aren’t about to graduate either. I will to you drive. Keep pushing. Don’t forget why you are here. Enjoy that you aren’t the baby on campus but be thankful that the real world hasn’t had a chance to hit you hard yet. Sophomore year is comfortable, but don’t let it get the best of you. Figure out if your major is the one for you. Get out if it’s not. Stay driven because in the end, it’ll be worth it.

Courtesy: Florida State University 

To the Juniors:

You are almost there. Don’t wish it away. I know it is so easy to look ahead and plan for the future, but you will get there soon enough. I will to you patience. Enjoy the moment you are living in. Don’t wish to get out of here. Don’t wish away these days. Be patient. The real world comes fast enough and you can’t get this back. Figure out your plan start to look ahead and be ready, but don’t be eager.

To the Seniors:

You’ve made it! This is going to be the fastest year of your life. The most exciting year. There are so many adventures ahead of you. I will to you appreciation. Look around and appreciate the campus that has been your home. Appreciate the friends that have become your family. Appreciate the organizations that have helped you grow. These are your last days here so take them in. Appreciate all the memories, the cries, the celebrations that have helped you get to this point. Appreciate your support system for helping you make it so far. These are your last moments here at Florida State before you head into the world to show exactly what your unconquered spirit can do.

I will this to the students of Florida State University. May you grow and succeed in everything that you take on. It has been an absolute pleasure sharing this campus with all of you. And as always, Go Noles!

Her Campus at Florida State University.