Style > Beauty

Maddy Cloud: Fashionista, Blogger and FSU’s Clutch Magazine Beauty Director

Name: Maddy Cloud

Hometown: Tallahassee, Fla.

Year: Senior

Major: Retail Merchandising and Product Development

Blog: The Chic Cloud

Relationship Status: Taken, sorry boys!

Courtesy: Maddy Cloud

Her Campus (HC): What do you want to do with your career?

Maddy Cloud (MC): I love the editorial side of the industry. Eventually, I would want to go into that aspect of things. This summer, I interned with Tallahassee Magazine, which was such a great experience!

HC: What is your favorite editorial magazine?

MC: I love Teen Vogue!

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?

MC: I hate New York. I feel like I should like it, but I don’t. I am a very go-with-the-flow person, so wherever my career takes me, I will go. You can always create something wherever you go. I could see myself in Texas though; Dallas and Austin are amazing!

HC: What was the inspiration behind your blog, The Chic Cloud?

MC: I started it back in 2013 (December of my freshman year) and I have always kind of not cared what people thought. This is how I channel my creativity; I wear what I like. There wasn’t one thing that made me want to do that.

HC: What made you interested in the fashion industry?

MC: My mom was literally magical with a sewing machine. She would make all of our Halloween costumes, so I always grew up around that. Growing up with sisters, I would steal their clothes. At one point, it got so bad that they had put a padlock on their closet to keep me out!

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

MC: I am the Clutch Magazine (Beauty Director), a member of Chi Omega and I work at Cole Couture. Working at Cole has given me brand awareness and how fast trends can come and go.

Courtesy: Maddy Cloud

HC: As the beauty director for Clutch Magazine, what are your duties and/or favorite parts?

MC: The Co-Beauty Director and I are in charge of all the hair and makeup photo shoots; even for fashion or lifestyle shoots. We come up with the style looks, hairstyles and makeup for the beauty section of the magazine. My favorite part is having an idea in your head and watching it come to life.  Clutch has helped me realize that I definitely want to go into editorial.

HC: What are your favorite fashion trends this season?

MC: I love the color Bordeaux; like that deep wine color is great. I also love funky fur jackets and over-the-knee boots! I am very Plain Jane, so I feel like I stray away from patterns or busy garments.

HC: What’s your secret to editing pictures?

MC: I use the VSCO camera app; specifically the limited time Nike filter that I bought, but I don’t think it’s available anymore. I try to use the same filter every time, but sometimes it’s hard because pictures don’t always turn out the way you want with a particular filter. I really want to start using the filter Kim Kardashian uses on Instagram. I’m obsessed with her style!

HC: Who is your style inspiration?

MC: I just love Kim K. and how she is so simple. Honestly, I think I take a little style from each Kardashian sister.

Courtesy: Maddy Cloud

HC: What are your favorite places to shop at?

MC: REVOLVE, Nasty Gal, Urban Outfitters, Missguided and (obviously) Cole Couture!

HC: What is it like to be a Tallahassee native going to FSU?

MC: I like it because I live on the other side of Tallahassee so it’s nice. I can experience the college town of FSU, but also escape to spend time with my family.

Hi I'm Jennifer! I love all things fashion, cats and coffee.
Her Campus at Florida State University.