Madame Mary’s Zodiac Matches: Leo, Gemini, Taurus

Featured Sign: Virgo (Aug. 23rd-Sept. 22nd)

Ahh, Virgo: the sign of the woman.  Virgos are exactly the people you want to have on your side. Well, more like the people you don’t want to have against you.  Virgos are articulate, precise, and delicate.  Like most earth signs, they love to take care of their friends.  They are comforted through comforting.  Their love match is Pisces, and you don’t want to piss off a Virgo.  That situation will go from zero to Mean Girls in the blink of an eye.  If you are a Virgo, be careful of holding grudges and picking out petty details.  You won’t be able to make the best of your loving personality if you waste it away with anger at others. 

Featured Letter by Hillary from Orlando, FL

Dear Madame Mary: My birthday is August 22nd.  My father is a Gemini (5/29) and my mother is a Taurus (4/22). Why do I only get along with my father?

Hillary,

This is an interesting issue that I’m going to have to tackle in parts. 

First, let’s deal with you.  You are a Leo-Virgo cusp child. Your sun is in Leo, so this would give you a sense of worldly wonder, a need to travel, an interest in human nature, and an almost-detrimental urge to see the best in people.  Your moon, however, is in the lady Virgo.  This makes you restless when you’re not having new experiences. This also means that you are about as subjective as they come.  Everything you experience will be through the scope of your emotions, and you must remember this when relaying your thoughts and beliefs to others. Your Leo will always keep you honest and up front, while your Virgo will have you speaking of a slanted reality.  Make sure you are not holding grudges from your childhood, and making new impressions of people on a regular basis.  With you, it is also important to make a small note of the locations of the key planets for you.  Having Mercury in Virgo, will contribute to a love of learning inside and outside of the classroom.  Venus in Leo tells you that you must be careful that you are not choosing friends and lovers based on how they can benefit you.  Once you master being more objective, you will find the love of your life.  Finally, Jupiter in Leo indicates radical changes in your personal philosophies.  Each period of change will be an ordeal for you, but you will always be able to find a mentor.    

Now, let’s deal with you getting along with your Gemini father.  Gemini’s are a natural love for the fiery Leo. Leo will always appreciate Gemini’s airy way.  Gemini loves to learn, eat fancy meals, and be surrounded by beauty (indoor and outdoor), and Leo agrees completely! I would imagine that when you are in a phase of Virgo-ness, there is more distance between you and your father. I also imagine that there is a deeper understanding with you and your father because he will eternally empathize with the struggle of having two, distinct sides of his personality.  You are on the cusp; he is just a regular Gemini.

This understanding may have been what brought your parents together in the first place, since your mother is also a Taurus-Gemini Cusp.  This happens to be a relatively volatile combination anyway.  Her sun is in Taurus, which will give her the loving and optimistic attributes of the bull.  Her moon in Sagittarius will make her very articulate and in touch with her own emotions. The most important thing to think about when it comes to your questions is that your mom has the unfortunate placement of Mars in Aries.  This automatically makes relationships of substance almost impossible for her without some serious self-development.  Mars is the planet of inner battles and when it’s paired with fire-breathing Aries, harmony will be hard to come by.  Your mother probably does not believe in compromise and does not understand your constant emotional distress.  It would not be unexpected for her to have multiple failed marriages as well.  If she does not learn to override this placement with her loving Taurus nature, it is likely she will ruin most of the close relationships in her life.  It seems bleak, but she is lucky to have a daughter with such a strong showing of Leo.  If anyone would be able to empathize, it’s the optimistic Leo.

My name is Mary Love and I'm a Senior and double major in English and Hotel Management at Florida State University.  I am more commonly found writing fiction pieces, and editing everything I can.  Her Campus is my first venture into published nonfiction and women's magazines.  I think Her Campus is a great resource for women who are both smart and feminine.  If you would like to contact me for an interview or to answer a Zodiac Question as Madame Mary, please email marylove@hercampus.com.