Madame Mary’s Zodiac Matches: Aries-Taurus Dates

Featured Sign: Capricorn (Dec. 23rd-Jan. 19th)

Capricorn is that friend that you often find yourself sarcastically calling “Mom.”  They are on time, always appropriate, and very traditional.  Capricorn is your stereotypical Type-A personality, and we love them for it.  They still align with the loving tendencies of earth signs, and you’d have to face the Goat head-on if you mess with a Cappy’s friends.  Capricorn is emotional, but does not take the time to understand their emotions (or others’ emotions).  Your Capricorn friend will half-listen to your tales of despair, but as soon as you give them a task they will be back in the game and ready to make your life better.  Capricorns may come off rude and abrupt, but don’t let this make you shy away from the Goat.  Along with Leos, they are the forever friends you want in your life.

Featured Letter by Hillary from Blacksburg, VA

Dear Madame Mary: I’m searching for good date night ideas. My bf is an Aries and I’m a Taurus. What are some date activities that would suit both of us?

Hillary,

You are a lucky lady.  Aries is easy to please.  I’ll try to give you some do’s and don’ts for your fire and earth relationship. 

Do’s:

Both Aries and Taurus love the great outdoors.  I would say that the best possible date would be something that takes you both outside.  It would have to be something a little risky, but not too risky or your inner Bull will put up a fight.  I suggest rock climbing or hiking to start.  Find a cool place that neither of you have been before, and go for a long bike ride.  Take your Aries to an open field and let him stun you with his knowledge of the heavens (as an Aries male will have a particular fascination with space). 

If you plan to do something indoors, I suggest something with lots of action.  You are more conservative than him, and you don’t want to be pointlessly roaming around Dave & Busters.  Make sure you choose a place that you can also enjoy.  Watch some sort of sport together.  A Taurus lady will always appreciate anything where men get dirty and beat each other up, while Aries loves the competition (I would not be surprised if he was wonderful at betting). A Hard Rock is also a great place indoors to spend time.  Both of you probably enjoy drinking, and trying interesting new bars will be fun for you.  He will try to act macho – drinking dark beer and liquor – but let him know you won’t judge him for having a cosmo, and he’ll be drinking pink drinks the rest of the night!

You are a “stay in and watch movies” kind of girl, while he is a “lots of chatting, lots of drinking, and something to bet over” kind of guy.  The main things you will have in common activity-wise will be your love of the outdoors, your love of new environments and trying new things, your love of sports, and your love of being together.  Dates that follow those guidelines should work really well for you.

Don’ts

Don’t let Aries take over! He will want to, but your mothering nature will leave you feeling neglected.  Aries has a much greater appreciation for the intellectual (not that you are not smart, Taurus, so don’t take that personally) and will really want to drag you quickly through museums and read books together and talk about math.  The Ram will also try to force you into doing things outside of your comfort zone.  He may say things like, “It will expand you,” and “Just keep an open mind,” but you will not enjoy those things.  You are practical and loving and pushing you into something just looks like bullying (which will make your Aries very upset with himself afterward). 

Don’t stick your Aries inside watching movies, baking, doing crafts, or anything for too long.  He will get antsy and long for something more.  He will also become moody if he feels that he is confined.  A moody Aries is not good.  If you have a lot of these domestic activities to be done (which you will greatly enjoy), give Aries something to capture his mind.  If you are baking, let him read you something.  If you are crafting, let him keep you updated on a sporting event.  You can work around your differences, but don’t let any of your activities cater too much to either one of you. 

My name is Mary Love and I'm a Senior and double major in English and Hotel Management at Florida State University.  I am more commonly found writing fiction pieces, and editing everything I can.  Her Campus is my first venture into published nonfiction and women's magazines.  I think Her Campus is a great resource for women who are both smart and feminine.  If you would like to contact me for an interview or to answer a Zodiac Question as Madame Mary, please email marylove@hercampus.com.