Culture > News

Longtime Couple Adam Devine and Chloe Bridges Announce Engagement

Last week, actors Chloe Bridges and Adam Devine shocked fans with news of their engagement from the past weekend. Jexi star Devine, 35, writes in an Instagram post “She said yes! Well actually she said “ahh Adam” and then kissed me but I’m pretty sure that means YES!” The couple was engaged the weekend prior but chose to keep it private for a few days to celebrate with close friends and family.

The couple has been together for 5 years, and first made each other’s acquaintance on the set of the movie The Final Girls. In fact, the couple has starred in three different projects together, though ironically, their characters do not have a ton of interaction. Their relationship is not necessarily private, but it isn’t high-profile, either (although news of this highly anticipated engagement may very well change that). They can be found in each other’s photos throughout the years and are always quick to support one another’s careers.

Bridges, 27, shared a photo from their engagement on Instagram, writing “We are doing it!! I love this man with my whole heart and I am so excited to be with him forever. I’ve known we had a special connection since we first met… and I quickly learned that he is the kindest, funniest, most incredible man I’ve ever met.”

Unlike many couples in Hollywood, there’s been longevity to Devine and Bridges’ relationship. They celebrate everything from each other’s projects, to holidays, to birthdays with one another, and never take themselves too seriously – which their fans appreciate. Devine is best known for his work in the Comedy Central show Workaholics, which he helped create and stars in. He is also well known for his role in the hit movie franchise Pitch Perfect as Bumper Allen. Bridges is best known for her work in projects such as The Final Girls, Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, and The Carrie Diaries. Both actors are consistently working on something new while still maintaining a strong connection with one another, setting an example for Hollywood couples everywhere.

There are no details on the wedding just yet, other than Devine’s joking well wishes to Bridges to “Have fun planning [it]. I’ll be there for the cake tasting.” In addition to their engagement, the couple is celebrating exciting times in their respective careers. The second season of the Netflix original series Insatiable premiered this past month starring Bridges as her character Roxy, and the premiere of the animated series Green Eggs and Ham stars Devine as Sam I am. Green Eggs and Ham will be available to stream on Netflix on Nov. 8.

Fans have every reason to believe that the couple’s marriage will be as successful as their relationship has been, and they look forward to updates and posts from the couple as more details are released about the wedding. Until then, they can indulge themselves in a screening of The Final Girls to see where it all began. Congratulations to Devine and Bridges!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Addy Crosby is a Florida State University alumna.
Her Campus at Florida State University.