Logan Knutson: Passionate About Music

Name: Logan Knutson

Hometown: Bradenton, FL

Double Major: Music Education and Business Marketing

Year: Freshman

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus (HC): How are you involved on campus?

Logan Knutson (LK): I am the Hall Government Vice President for Wildwood Hall and I am going to be an RA next year in Wildwood. I’m also on the Publicity Committee for Best Buddies. There is a heck of a lot with the music school. Like next year I’m going to be a BOA (Board of Advisor) to help music students register for their classes.

HC: What’s the hardest thing about handling all of those things?

LK: I manage pretty well, but I think trying to be really successful in a lot of things is harder than putting in all my effort in one area. It’s tough to give it my all in everything I’m doing all the time.

HC: Tell me more about being in the music school at Florida State?

LK: We are a very close family; everyone really gets along and understands each other. It’s a very secluded environment, but it’s nice. I play the cello.

HC: How was the auditioning process for you?

LK: It took me about a year to prepare my repertoire for the audition. You come to Tallahassee and audition in front of the string professors. They interview and talk to you, plus you have to have at least 3 letters of recommendation. It’s nerve wracking because it’s the 5th ranked music school in the nation. It’s very competitive and intense. You have to commit 110% but it’s worth it because you are doing what you love.

HC: When did you start playing the cello?

LK: It was pretty recent, like in the 8th grade. Everyone had to play an instrument and I was absent the day the students chose. They needed more cellists so they assigned me to play it. I didn’t really start taking it seriously until senior year. I did a lot of sports growing up so I looked at it like a competition, and not a lot of people in the music school have that background. It drives me to do well.

HC: Any exciting summer plans?

LK: I will be working at Brio, a restaurant back home. Besides that, I’m hoping to internship with the Sarasota orchestra.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

LK: First thing I look for is intelligence; she has to be bright. Also, I would like for her to be good with her family and my friends. She should be my best friend. It’s a bonus if she is tall.

HC: What’s your dream date?

LK: I would take her to Italy and go around to all the fine dining places eating just a few bites at each place, like wine and cheese. I would want to experience the food and the love that is Italian culture. I know this is cliché, but we would finish the night in one of those gondolas, it would be so sweet. I know it is going to happen someday.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

LK: At 29, I see myself starting a family. I would want to start settling down and setting the foundation for the rest of my life. I want to have a really close-knit and loving family.

Taylor is a sophomore at the Florida State University. She enjoys Thai food, sunshine and when guac doesn’t cost extra. If you can’t find her around campus she is most likely in bed watching Parks and Rec on repeat. She is on the eternal search for the indie bearded Chuck Bass & is currently accepting applications. She has (finally) chosen to pursue a degree in Editing, Writing, and Media!!
Her Campus at Florida State University.