Style

Skincare Secrets and Must-Haves I Wish I Knew About Sooner

I finally found a skincare routine I can stick to and I have to share! Skincare doesn’t have to be stressful. I’ve been trying various skincare routines since the ninth grade and I think I’ve finally cracked the code. Here are some of my tried and true products and practices that have done wonders for my skin.

Products

Topicals faded serum for dark spots & discoloration

This has truly been a miracle product for me. It’s been so helpful for clearing up acne and getting rid of impossible dark spots. I struggle with hyperpigmentation, and this product has totally changed the game. I saw results within 2 days. I’ve never used a product that has worked so fast. I just put it on before my moisturizer at night and my skin has been improving every day.

There’s also a body mist version of this product which I’ve heard is just as awesome. I’m definitely gonna try that next!

e.l.f Holy Hydration! Face Cream – SPF 30

This sunscreen is my holy grail. I’ve tried more sunscreens than I can count and I always come back to this one. It’s creamy, but not heavy. It’s white, which would usually deter me, but it leaves no white cast somehow! I like to wear makeup, and it gives me such a smooth and long-lasting base so I don’t even need to use a primer!

The best feature of this product is the price. It costs about $13 and you can find it at pretty much any drugstore or chain store like Target or Walmart.

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

I’m a dry skin girl, so this product is a must-have for me. It’s an oil but it’s lightweight and not too greasy. I use this product at night mixed in with my moisturizer. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels so soft and moisturized. Another bonus, it doesn’t clog my pores at all. It can be found at Ulta and Sephora. This product is also super affordable at only $10.90!

practices

Cleanse in Moderation

I only wash my face with soap at night. For me, the secret to keeping my skin smooth and moisturized is to not over-cleanse. As a person who is prone to dry skin, washing my face too much dries me out and causes me to break out. At night I do my full skincare routine, and in the morning I just rinse with water and use moisturizer and sunscreen! 

Using Disposable Face Towels

I use disposable face towels. Of course, we all know how much bacteria can live in our towels, but personally, it’s way too much effort to change and wash my face towels every day! I made the switch to disposable face towels and not to be dramatic, but it’s changed my life. I feel like I’ve seen a difference in my skin and I have so much peace of mind knowing that I’m not spreading germs all over my face. They’re also so cheap to buy on Amazon or at Target.

Exfoliate!

Whether it be chemically or manually, I think exfoliation has been the biggest key to my skincare success. I use a salicylic acid face wash and a silicone face scrubber most nights to exfoliate my skin. This gets off all my dead skin and makeup from the day. Exfoliating keeps my skin looking and feeling clean and it helps me avoid breakouts from clogged pores.

At the end of the day, skincare is different for everyone, but these products and practices have really worked for me!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Eniya Morris is a staff writer for Her Campus at the Florida State University chapter. This is her first semester working with Her Campus and she writes articles about campus, culture, and lifestyle. Aside from working with Her Campus, she is a junior at Florida State University. She is studying psychology and is working on a minor in communications. In her free time, she enjoys thrifting, arts and crafts, and scrolling through Pinterest and TikTok. She also loves to spend time with her family, her friends, and her dog, Angel.