Anna Schultz-Running Into Ocean Arms Outstretched Inspirational
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

4 Quotes That I Live By

If you look through my Notes app, you’ll find many quotes I love scattered through random places. I love going back and reflecting on quotes because it reminds me of the person I am trying to be. Quotes serve as helpful reminders for when I get too stressed or overwhelmed by all the feelings. I love how powerful words can be in my life and how these quotes have changed my thinking.

1. “Grow through what you go through.” -Tyrese Gibson

A basic one but a classic. This quote lives in my mind, and I think about it a lot because it’s so real. When I began to go to therapy and support groups, this quote was always plastered on the walls and told to me. It’s really stuck with me, and I want to continue to grow through the things I go through. It’s so important to me that I learn from the things that happen to me and the things I struggle with.

2. “Do something today your future self will thank you for.” -Sean Patrick Flanery

I love this quote because it’s so important to live in the now and take action now! A lot of days, I don’t want to do anything but sleep (which can be good for my future self), but I want to do something that I value and will look back on and have gratitude. I’m thankful for a lot in my life because I know how important it is to practice gratitude. However, I want to be able to take more actions now that I’ll look back on. I meditated today for the first time this new year, so I know I’ll look back and thank myself for beginning this.

3. “Love everyone so radically they wonder why.” -Jefferson Bethke

This is my favorite quote right now. The word I picked going into 2024 was “love” because I think it describes how I want to live my life. I want to love what I am doing, my passions, my friends, and my family. I just love love. I saw this quote on TikTok (what a surprise), and it has stuck with me ever since. The thought of loving everyone so radically is something I want to attain.

4. “Being fearless isn’t being 100 percent not fearful; it’s being terrified but you jump anyway.” -Taylor Swift

I love Taylor Swift, and I love her quotes! I love to remind myself of this quote because it can be scary to do new things, but it’s so important! I’ve had so many moments when I’ve felt scared, but I know I need to take that jump to grow. Swift is such an inspiration to me, so going through her quotes is a need!

I hope you enjoy these quotes as much as I do. I love being able to revisit quotes when days get hard, and I need to hear affirming words. It’s crucial to me to become the person I want to be, and reading powerful words always grounds me. Now, I’d love to hear the quotes that you live by!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Delaney Reilly is a staff writer at Her Campus FSU, majoring in instrumental music education. Beyond Her Campus, Delaney is a part of multiple organizations in the college of music. She is in the world-renowned marching chiefs, along with the University Philharmonic Orchestra, NAfME, and ASTA. When she isn’t writing or playing her instruments, Delaney is busy watching movies and traveling! https://www.linkedin.com/in/delaney-reilly-64b64817b