Wellness

My Sunday Reset Routine Is Proof That Sundays in College Don’t Have To Be Scary

As a college student, I’m always on the go. I’m sure this is a mutual feeling around campus as many of us balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, social life, work, and adulting simultaneously. That’s a lot to juggle, and there’s simply no worse feeling than coming home after a long day or week knowing you have dishes to do, a dirty apartment, and no food in your refrigerator. Navigating our paths to degrees and living on our own for the first time takes a lot of organization. 

If you’re looking to reclaim your Sundays for a fresh start to the week, creating a Sunday reset routine is essential. My Sunday resets leave me feeling refreshed entering Monday and help routine tasks feel less daunting throughout the week. I’ve found that the perfect reset includes a balance of productivity and relaxation. Here are some of the tasks I incorporate to manage just that.    

Clean Your Living Space

It’s no secret a college dorm or apartment can get pretty messy quickly. If you want to maintain a clean living space, you can more than likely expect having to complete everyday tasks like wiping down the counters and taking out the trash. To keep my everyday chores to a minimum, I like to do a full deep clean on Sundays. This includes vacuuming and washing the floors, cleaning the bathrooms, and changing my bedsheets. Luckily, as college kids, we’re unlikely to live in a large space, so this step of your day shouldn’t take too long. Even though it’s work, it’s surprising how relaxing I’ve found it to be. 

Meal Plan and Grocery Shop

As long as you aren’t afraid of the Sunday crowd at the grocery store, I feel like Sundays are the perfect day to restock your fridge for the week. I usually like to start this step by planning a few meals for the week and figuring out which ingredients I’ll need for each. I also keep a list of basic groceries that I like to have around the house! 

Review Your Schedule For the Week

Another essential part of my Sundays is reviewing my weekly schedule. This includes all class times, meetings, events, and deadlines. Assuring that each of these timelines are written in my planner and designating when to get everything done ahead of time helps me stay much more organized. 

Take Time For Yourself

At the end of a busy week, chances are you’ll be a little (or very) tired. While I try to make Sundays productive to help me throughout the rest of my weekdays, I’ve found it’s also important to take some time for yourself to reset mentally. This looks different for everybody, but some ideas can be taking a nap, journaling, exercising, watching your favorite show, reading, or listening to a podcast. Sundays allow for the perfect opportunity to engage in acts of leisure that you wouldn’t normally have time for.   

Take An Everything Shower

In my opinion, the perfect way to end your Sundays and go into the new week is with an everything shower. If you’re unfamiliar with this term, this essentially means taking your longest shower of the week to wash your hair, shave, exfoliate, and do all the self-care prep you possibly can that you don’t do on an everyday basis. If you’re not out late on a Sunday night, this is the perfect time to get this done without being interrupted.  

My Sundays have become one of the most important parts of my week by implementing this productive and relaxing routine. While you don’t have to follow the exact same steps as me, finding your perfect Sunday reset routine may help you set the tone for your week. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest! 

Nola Ulik is a staff writer at the Her Campus FSU chapter. She writes articles biweekly covering culture, lifestyle, and campus news. In addition to being a staff writer, Nola is a student at Florida State University studying media and communications and minoring in spanish, and is a member of the ADPi sorority.