Style

5 Drugstore Dupes That Cured My Sephora Addiction

If you’ve ever had the humbling experience of spending your paycheck at Sephora just to walk out with what feels like the smallest bag on earth, these dupes are for you. Seriously though, the prices of makeup have become absurd lately. As a result, I began slowly switching out my products to drugstore alternatives, and they do not disappoint. When I tell you that I’ve tried everything, I mean it. Here are some of the best dupes I’ve been able to find for my favorite products.

E.L.F. Halo Glow Liquid Filter ($14)

Starting off strong with a 2023 Allure Best of Beauty winner is the E.L.F. Halo Glow Liquid filter, which is a famous dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter. This right here is my holy grail, and I use it every single day. In the mornings, I throw it on with light concealer and some mascara right before I head out the door to class. It takes less than two minutes to put on and makes a world of a difference. Seriously — I get compliments on my skin almost every day I have it on. It’s light, glowy, and truly looks like your skin, but better. I also get this product a shade or two darker than my normal shade to create the most natural bronzed look. At night, I mix it with my foundation to create the perfect glowy yet full-coverage base for my makeup. I would spend my last $14 on this any day.

Milani Rose Power Blush ($9)

Milani is one of my favorite drugstore brands for anything lip-related, but this blush quickly became a staple in my makeup routine after I bought it for the first time recently. All of the shades are truly so stunning; you can’t go wrong. The shades, consistency, and wear are very similar to the NARS blush line but without the suggestive names. You can wear it alone or on top of a liquid blush; either way, Milani goes on so smoothly on the skin. This blush will give you the most gorgeous flushed cheeks ever, I promise. 

E.L.F. Brow Lift ($6) and Brow Lift Applicator ($4)

Okay, I lied: I think this might be my holy grail. I’ve always used Anastasia Beverly Hills products on my eyebrows and swore that there was nothing better (especially from the drugstore). This product is truly that girl. The reason that I have the applicator included is because it allows for the best application of the brow lift. I use the spoolie end of the applicator to brush the clear gel up into my brows. I then turn the brush around and use the sharp edge to manipulate my brows into my desired shape. These products make my brows look more precise than any other product I’ve tried and they don’t move once they’re on.

Wet And Wild Mega Glow ($5)

This is a dupe I originally got for Becca Cosmetics’ “champagne glow” highlighter, but everything I need to say about this one is already in the name of the product. For about $5, this will give you the most glowy and blinding highlight that you can’t miss from a mile away. Do yourself a favor and buy this immediately.

Here’s to looking hot and still having a paycheck. Happy shopping!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Veronica Eichberg is a dedicated staff writer for the Her Campus at Florida State University. As a Hispanic and Jewish female, Veronica is passionate about finding your voice through writing. Her dedicated approach to journalism is also shaped by her wide array of interests ranging anywhere from politics to pop-culture.  Veronica is currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Political Science and International Affairs at Florida State University, she has served as a Field Representative Intern for Pennsylvania State Senator Devlin Robinson and actively engaged in local politics as a Student Campaign Promoter for Leon County. Her campus involvement includes being the Director of Mental health and Recreation for the FSU Honors Student Association, Student Senate and directing social awareness efforts in the Delta Gamma Sorority. Veronica is a passionate advocate for mental health, a skilled debater, and a speaker with thought-provoking TEDx talks.  In her free time, Veronica enjoys going to the gym, thrifting, listening to music and reality TV.