My Favorite Amazon Purchases as an Avid Reader

As a college student with limited time to go shopping in person, I’ve found myself relying on online shopping to buy different items I want for my reading time. Over the years, I’ve found a few products that have really changed the game for me as an avid reader. 

Transparent Sticky Notes 

As someone who loves to annotate and mark up her books, these Post-its have saved me! They allow me to write my thoughts or questions on the book and remove them without the remnants of my writing or damage to the pages. I love writing on these and sticking them wherever without the color staring me right in the face. 

A Court of Thornes and Roses Map 

As the younger sister to a brother who used to have his game maps on the wall, I always thought it was silly to have a map of a game on the wall. Now I’m starting to read Sarah J. Maas’s A Court of Thornes and Roses. When I first picked up the books, I had a hard time visualizing everything. As I dive further into this series, I like being able to picture the setting, and getting this map has helped me start to visualize the story. 

Paperfeel iPad Screen Protector 

As someone who is continually marking documents and taking notes on her iPad, I love the way my Apple Pencil glides across the screen with this screen protector. I love the way it adds just a touch of resistance, and my handwriting isn’t all over the place like it is without it. It comes with everything you need to smoothly apply the screen protector, and it’s so easy to put on! For those with an iPad that they use for writing, this is the main thing I recommend!  

Annotation Tabs 

This wide assortment of tabs has helped me keep track of important details in my books. They let me easily flip back to a specific quote or section of the book I thought was important to the plot or for me personally. I love the different color palettes available. I could even use it as a bookmark for a spiral notebook. It helps me remember exactly where I stopped in my spiral notebook or really anything with a spiral binding.  

Magnetic Bookmarks 

These bookmarks have been a game-changer for me. I can just pop one of these in my book and not worry about it falling out like I would a traditional bookmark. I can put a book in my suitcase or in my personal item when flying and not worry about losing the page and forgetting where I had stopped. I love that it’s so lightweight and doesn’t damage my books. The fact that my wallet didn’t hurt when I purchased them is another plus!  

Kindle Case with kickstand and hand strap 

For Christmas 2023, my parents got me a Kindle because they know I love to read and because it’s lightweight. They know I read too much to always carry multiple books on hand, and I was so happy with it. Once I got it, however, I knew I needed a case for it. I wanted something that had a gorgeous design on it, was easy to hold, and had a kickstand so I wouldn’t always have to hold it up by hand. That’s when I came across this beautiful case with everything I needed, plus a card slot to put my library card in. I can hold it in my hand comfortably or pull out the kickstand and read with no issues. I’ve had it for two months already and I’m still completely obsessed with it. 

No one needs to have all this to be a reader, and you don’t have to spend your money to read, but I find that these products have helped me find the motivation to read. It gives me joy when I see a book annotated and tabbed on my shelf. If I had to do it all over again, I would absolutely buy all these products again, no questions asked.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest! 

Angela Himes is a senior Staff Writer at Her Campus FSU studying Editing, Writing, and Media with a Communications minor. Beyond Her Campus FSU, Angela also works as a Staff Writer for the FSView & Florida Flambeau where she writes for their Views section, an opinion oriented section in which she writes her opinions on various topics. In her free time, Angela enjoys spending time with her dog Sugar, reading books, listening to music, and drinking coffee.