Life Lessons Our Favorite Childhood Shows Have Taught Us

Boy Meets World on Love

Courtesy: Pinterest

Not everyone will find their soulmate in the 6th grade like Cory and Topanga, but this dynamic duo definitely tops the #RelationshipGoals list. Although they taught us a lot about what it takes to have a great relationship, one of the most important lessons these two taught us is that what is meant to be will always find its way.

As Cory Matthews says, “I do my thing and you do your thing. You are you and I am I. And if in the end we end up together, it’s beautiful.”

Cory and Topanga were not always picture-perfect. Their relationship, like any relationship, faced a handful of challenges. If you’re fortunate enough to meet someone who completely changes your life, there’s a considerable chance that not everything is going to be perfect. The timing might be off, you might be in different places in your lives, etc. Filling your mind with unnecessary thoughts regarding the status of your relationship or constantly wondering when you’ll be together again won’t bring you any good. Do your own thing. Better yourself as a person. Work toward personal goals. Put your ambition to work and thrive in your career. And, if in the end, you find each other again…it’s beautiful.

Gilmore Girls on Ambition

Courtesy: Fanpop

Lorelai and Rory Gilmore taught us more than just the importance of coffee. The ultimate mother-daughter duo showed us time and time again the importance of working hard to achieve your goals. Lorelai, who barely squeaked out a high school diploma while being a single mother to her daughter, rose above the doubt that was constantly thrown at her and went farther than anyone (especially her parents) thought she would. Rory, who could have been the poster child for success, went way beyond the expectations of your typical high schooler and excelled tremendously in her schoolwork. Lorelai eventually achieved her dream of opening her own Inn and Rory made it to an Ivy League school. It may not have happened overnight, but these two women never gave up and are prime examples of how hard work and perseverance can go a long way.

Courtesy: Huffington Post

Full House on Family

Courtesy: Maclean’s

The Tanners may not have had it all together, but together they had it all. This family was known for giving us a serious case of “the feels” every episode, and repeatedly showing us that family is everything. After Danny and his girls dealt with the loss of their mother, Uncle Jesse and Joey put their lives on hold to step up to the plate and help make the family whole again. They constantly encouraged each other, whether they were calming Michelle’s nerves on her first day of Kindergarten, helping Stephanie resist the peer pressure that comes with junior high, guiding D.J. through her self confidence woes, or assisting Uncle Jesse as he deputed The Smash Club. The family endured all of life’s challenges as a whole while continuously getting bigger and bigger and welcoming in new members with open arms. We followed the love story of Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky that led up to their marriage, and watched Michelle’s birthday party get cut short to welcome Nikki and Alex into the world. To say the Tanner household was full of an abundance of love and support would be an enormous understatement.

And don’t think I forgot the most important Full House lesson of all…

Courtesy: Pinterest

Her Campus at Florida State University.