A Letter to FSU During Finals Week

Dear FSU, 

Right now, the campus would be buzzing with a mix of excitement and nerves, as students prepare to take their finals and depart for the summer. As you all know, due to unfortunate circumstances with Coronavirus, the campus is closed for the rest of the semester, and students are forced to finish out the semester online. As finals week dawns before us, I have compiled a list of everything I miss about the beautiful Florida State University. 

I’m going to miss walking up the Diffenbaugh hill. I will never complain about the hike again. 

I will miss my classroom in the stadium, UCD 101, even though the room isn’t air-conditioned. 

I miss simply walking to class and seeing people. 

I would do anything to go back to sleeping on my twin-sized mattress in my tiny shoebox-like dorm room. 

I miss seeing all the dogs prance around Landis green. 

I miss walking past Westcott Fountain on a beautiful Friday afternoon, as students make weekend plans. 

I miss walking by Landis on the way to class and collecting whatever free giveaways are happening. 

I miss basketball season and actually having a winning team to cheer on. 

I will miss putting in my headphones to tune out the world as I stroll to my next class. 

I will miss going to local coffee shops on Saturdays to study, such as All Saint’s Café and Paper Fox.

I even miss rolling out of bed, throwing on an oversized hoodie and sweats to run to class at HCB for my 8 am.

Right now, I would be camping out in Strozier all night, with my fellow caffeine-fueled classmates cramming for finals. 

I miss the pure act of sitting in class, no matter how boring the lecture is or how much I zone out. 

I miss seeing all the different types of characters that fill Landis Green.

Even though we all miss the sights and sounds of our second home, we hope we’ll all be back soon. For now, stay safe, stay inside, and stay healthy! 

Yours Truly, 

Girl who misses FSU.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Sarah is a Sophomore at Florida State University, pursuing a degree in Advertising and Hospitality. In her free time, she enjoys going to concerts and taking pictures.
Her Campus at Florida State University.