As an avid reader, specifically of the teen romance genre, I recently entered the world of Colleen Hoover and was sucked down the rabbit hole. The ability to not only relate to, but also feel like you’re inside the novel is something Colleen does exceptionally well in all her works, and they’re the perfect reads to tear at your heartstrings.

Hoover is a New York Times best-selling author of over 20 novels, all falling into the new adult and young adult contemporary romance categories. Her success began in 2015 when her novel CONFESS won the GoodReads Choice Award for best romance. Since then, this novel has been filmed as a series by Awestruck and can be viewed on Amazon Prime Video and purchased on iTunes. In 2016, her most recent title, It Ends With Us, also won the GoodReads Choice Award for best romance. In addition to her copious romance novels, Colleen has also written a psychological thriller, Verity, which is incredibly different from the recurring theme in all her other works.

Colleen also has an incredibly special talent of making you finish an entire 300+ page book in one night, and I am living proof of this. It Ends With Us was a heart-wrenching page-turner that had me up all night reading instead of doing homework or studying for exams. Every page drew me in deeper, and all the plot shifts made it impossible to put down, especially the epilogue and the last few chapters of the novel (without giving anything away, it was a major plot twist that no reader could have expected). Ugly Love was handed to me unexpectedly by my roommate a few nights ago; she said, “Read this book right now,” and I obliged, finishing the entire thing within four hours. The Maybe Someday trilogy makes you want to simultaneously rip your hair out and cry whilst also feeling all the butterflies and happy bubbles in your stomach. There’s just something about Hoover’s tragic love stories that make her titles impossible to put down or read slowly; it feels like you must consume the entire thing in one sitting.

Whether you can or can’t relate to the themes in Colleen’s novels, one thing is for certain: they are absolutely addicting and so beautifully written. If you’ve ever been in a relationship, whether serious or short-lived, it makes you reminisce on all the good and the bad parts of it (caution: it may make you miss your ex, but trust me, don’t send that text). If you’ve never been in love, they make you want to experience every up and down, every positive and negative aspect of it; every heartbreak, every happy moment, everything. Her works are an out-of-body experience, and I encourage anyone reading this article to read at least one of them. Even if you’re not into love, you’ll feel things you never thought you’d feel, and you may even cry. That’s the beauty of written work by Colleen Hoover; it’s for everybody.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

hi! my name's allison, i'm currently attending florida state university majoring in exercise physiology in hopes of going to med school to become an ob/gyn! i'm an iced coffee lover, heavy criminal minds watcher, and a pumpkin flavored everything enthusiast.