Let’s Eat: The Best Food in Tallahassee

There’s much to be said about a home cooked meal, such as its sincerity and tenderness. But is the hassle of time that comes with shopping and cooking worth the satisfied stomach? The restaurant industry is rapidly growing in America as most millennials are beginning to dine out or use food delivery services to get a bite to eat. As a foodie myself, here’s an incomplete list of my go-to’s when it comes to my plate ($ denotes price level).

Harry’s Seafood Grill & Bar – $$

Courtesy: Harry’s Seafood Bar and Grille

The smell of this restaurant will hit you before the food does. This dining experience is nearly fool-proof–each plate delicately pieced together with real New Orleans flare. My recommendation for an appetizer is the Louisiana Fondeaux, a beautiful cheesy blend of spices mixed with fresh and flavorful bites of warm shrimp and crawfish served with toasted bread. For the entrée, my favorite is the Shrimp Scampi, a buttery pasta that will not stay on your plate for long. The restaurant is at a lovely location in the heart of downtown Tallahassee. They have the décor and atmosphere nailed. From the smiling staff to the plush and cozy outdoor waiting area, Harry’s is the best restaurant in Tallahassee for a nice date or to take your parents to.

Pho Me – $

Courtesy: Yelp Pho Me

This Sunday favorite of mine has everything I love and miss about my hometown of New York: great Vietnamese food! The pho here is hearty and wonderful and can cure any case of blues. Paired with a Robin Williams classic, it’s a perfect treat to a rainy Sunday night. One thing you cannot sleep on when it comes to this restaurant is the desserts. From its Nutella donuts to cheesecake spring rolls, this place does desserts like no one else in Tallahassee. Trust me, you’re going to come back for more.

Courtesy: Yelp Pho Me

Paisley Café – $$

Courtesy: Paisley Café

Paisley Café is a small gold mine hidden in the curvy corners of Tallahassee. This quaint café has everything for a lovely and aesthetically pleasing brunch: beautifully colorful tables, plants and string lights, plus an extremely friendly staff. The restaurant is open until 3 p.m. and is worth the slight hustle to make it before closing. My recommendation? The tomato bisque is a divine soup garnished with basil and shaved fresh cheese that melts into the soup. The grilled cheese takes my idea of an after-school classic to a whole new level. The apple and Brie panini will probably change your opinion on apples forever. Their drinks are also excellent. Come here for a pleasant and relaxing morning.

Courtesy: Paisley Café

Cancun’s Sports Bar and Grill – $

Courtesy: Cancun’s Sports Bar and Grill

Sizzling fajitas and creamy guacamole—did someone say heaven? This weekend favorite of mine is the place for tasty Mexican food—and delivered right to your door! Through the use of the app Uber Eats, this restaurant packs its tasty creations and sends them your way in under an hour. My favorite things on the menu are the steak fajitas and the crispy shrimp tacos in bang bang sauce. The combination of flavors in each meal cannot be beaten AND they serve enough food to please my wallet and my stomach.

Courtesy: Cancun’s Sports Bar and Grill

Whether you’re staying in or going out, food is always the right move. Grab your friends and try these places out this weekend and try to leave room for dessert!

Second year student at Florida State University, Creative Writing major, poetry and people is my passion.
Her Campus at Florida State University.