Lampshading: Not Just Another Home Décor Trend

No, collegiettes, we are not talking about the latest in home décor! This week is all about one of the biggest fall fashion trends: lampshading. I know, who came up with this name? But it totally makes sense, I promise! Lampshading is wearing is an oversize sweater, sweatshirt, sweater-dress, or sweatshirt-dress with over-the-knee boots. The idea is that makes it makes a lampshade like a silhouette on the body, where it is looser on the top and tighter on the bottom. It is basically a going-out version of wearing a big T-shirt to class. This trend is a great way to still show off some skin even when it starts to get a little colder outside. Among its most avid wearers are Chrissy Teigen, Kylie Jenner, Kourtney Kardashian and Gigi Hadid. You know whenever these particular ladies are in on a trend, it is going to blow up for sure.

Courtesy: Clint Brewer/Splash News

Sadly, since we cannot all afford Kourtney’s Yeezus sweatshirt and Stuart Weitzman boots. I found some more college budget-ready options for us:

1. Missguided

Courtesy: Missguided

This sweater dress is also from Missguided and costs $48. Missguided is always having amazing sales plus they have a student discount if you register for it! It comes in red (pictured), black, blue, gray, nude and cream. It comes in sizes small, medium and large, but make sure you look at the chart because Missguided is a British-based company so the sizing can be a little different.

2. Forever 21

Courtesy: Forever 21

Forever 21 has this awesome feature called F21 x Me where Instagram users can upload their photos with that tag so their feature can be published with the clothes like here with @taliacupcake. This is cool because you can see what this sweater dress really looks likes versus what it looks like on just a model. This dress comes in sizes small, medium and large and ivory and mauve (pictured).

3. Charlotte Russe

Courtesy: Charlotte Russe

This adorable off-the-shoulder sweater dress is available at Charlotte Russe. It is part of their plus range and comes in sizes 1x through 3x. It is $30.99 but CR also has a new sale literally every day and if you sign up for the emails, they will send you a mystery coupon each week ranging from 30% off your purchase to free jewelry with purchase.

Courtesy: Charlotte Russe

Is this just me or does this just give you major Kardashian vibes? They are literally on sale right now for $30 at Charlotte Russe. Now all of us can channel our inner Kendall but still be able to afford our groceries this month.

4. Target

Courtesy: Target

I had to include Target! These babies will run you $64.99 but let’s be real, everyone has at least one Target gift card. These boots are a good option because they come in gray and black but they also are available in normal and wide calf so if you want a little extra room, Target has got you covered, collegiettes!

Katie is a senior at Florida State University, majoring in Marketing and minoring in Commerical Entrepreneurship. She is one of Her Campus's national collegiate Style Editors but don't worry, you can still find her writing for Style and Career. She's a South Florida girl through and through and loves all things beachy and outdoorsy. When she isn't obsessively online shopping, looking up her daily CoStar, or reading every book in the "Free" section on iTunes, she's trying to convince people that they don't need an Instagram. Feel free to add her on LinkedIn (because networking is the new adulting) and check out her website. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.