Kimberly Harbaugh: Wine and Food Enthusiast

Name: Kimberly Harbaugh

Hometown: West Palm Beach, FL

Year: Senior

Age: 21

Major: Dietetics

Minor: Family and Child Science

Relationship: Single

Courtesy: Taylor Dashiell

Her Campus (HC): Let’s start out with something fun. What would your perfect date be like?

Kimberly Harbaugh (KH): Probably dinner and then go somewhere where we could walk and talk.

HC: Any particular kind of food or place to walk after?

KH: Oh, definitely somewhere on the beach. As for food I’m usually up for anything, but I have the oddest craving for garlic knots right now so maybe some Italian.

HC: So you usually work at your family’s winery in the summer. Tell me a little about that!

KH: Yeah I do. It’s called Duckwalk Vineyards on Long Island. They open at 11 a.m. so I obviously have to get there early. You make sure all the counters and tables are clean and everything is stocked: The wine table with all the different types of wine, the fridge with the meat and cheese platters and the wines that are kept cold. There’s also the crackers and pre-packaged nuts. All of this goes into prepping for the day’s wine tastings.

HC: Are the tastings mainly for weddings?

KH: No, not always. If you’re just buying wine you can try them, for a price. Since there are so many wines, whites, desserts and reds, you can sit down see which one’s you like. Especially since some wine’s are $50 a bottle.

HC: Do you like wine?

KH: Oh god of course! My favorite brand is Lolailo, their sangria is to die for! I buy it in bulk at Costco.

HC: Very cool! Speaking of food, what made you choose dietetics as a major?

KH: I’ve always been interested in nutrition. In high school I was in the culinary program and I really enjoyed cooking and I thought why not be on the health side of it as well.

HC: So do you cook a lot of your meals?

KH: Yes, I do! When I have time that is, which is getting harder and harder to find. I try to make multiple servings so I have dinner for a couple days and I bring salad and snacks to school with me for lunch.

HC: Everyone’s strapped for time around this time we totally get it, but when you do have a moment to yourself what do you do?

KH: I like to draw – arts and crafts things in general are always fun. Back home in West Palm I would surf or just hang out at the beach. I also love TV, but being that I’m so busy Netflix and Hulu Plus come in really handy.

HC: What shows are you watching?

KH: Oh god, I’m just gonna name a few. Once Upon a Time, Chicago Fire and P.D., The Flash. And a couple new shows like Blind Spot starring Jaimie Alexander.

HC: Sporty, artsy and chill, love it! Okay last question: Is there a quote that you live by?

KH: “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality” because sometimes reality is a tough place to be, y’know? It’s good to be in an imaginary world for just a bit.

Taylor attends Florida State University in Tallahassee. She is a Creative Writing major minoring in Film Studies and plans to work for a magazine or newspaper after college. Her long term goal: successful YA novelist. When she's not writing for Her Campus, her classes, or herself, she enjoys napping outside on sunny days and watching anime.
Her Campus at Florida State University.