Ever since HBO confirmed the second season renewal of one of their most popular teen dramas, Euphoria, fans have fluttered in anticipation of what’s to come next. Although no specific date has been set for the second season release, many believe it will be gifted to the public sometime this year. In the meantime, the Euphoria cast has kept busy and left fans excited for the future of the show. Here’s a quick rundown on all the most recent events involving the Euphoria cast to date.

Zendaya

Character in the show: Rue Bennett

Most recently, Zendaya has appeared in the trailer for the new sci-fi epic Dune, an adaptation of the original novel written by Frank Herbert. Playing the role of Chani, she serves as a fierce fighter and love interest of the main character Paul, played by none other than Timothée Chalamet. The movie is expected to be out sometime in December.

Hunter Schafer

Character in the show: Jules Vaughn

Serving as an advocate for the transgender community both on and off-screen, Hunter has actively used her platform to speak out against recent social issues involving the Black Lives Matter movement as well as doing brand deals on the side. Some of these include campaigns for Calvin Klein and Shiseido, a Japanese skincare and cosmetics company known for being one of the oldest in the world.

Jacob Elordi

Character in the show: Nate Jacobs

In the last few months, Jacob has shown up in headlines for dating rumors involving fellow Euphoria costar Zendaya and model Kaia Gerber. None of these dating stints have been officially confirmed by either party. Besides his dating life, Jacob has three upcoming movies, which are the following: Deep Water, a thriller coming out Nov. 13 of this year; 2 Hearts, a romantic drama based on a true story of Jorge Bacardi, from the Bacardi Rum dynasty coming out Oct. 16; and The Kissing Booth 3, coming out sometime next year.

Girl with Euphoria Makeup
Photo by Alexandra Lowenthal from Unsplash

Barbie Ferreira  

Character in the show: Kat Hernandez

As a plus-size model and actress, Barbie uses her platform to advocate for plus-size women in the fashion industry and openly discusses her own struggles with body image and fat-shaming to bring attention to these issues in society. Alongside this, she is a spokesperson for Becca Cosmetics and she’s in an active partnership with Torrid, a plus-size clothing brand that sells trendy, plus-size apparel for women. She’s also starring in Unpregnant, a new movie released on HBO Max a few weeks ago, detailing the lives of two friends on a road trip from Missouri to New Mexico.

Sydney Sweeney

Character in the show: Cassie Howard

Very recently, Sydney has stirred the pot with pictures on her Instagram posing with well-known musician Halsey, teasing their upcoming project The Player’s Table. This TV series is based on Jessica Goodman’s novel They Wish They Were Us and has no specified release date or streaming service affiliation as of right now. Along with this, Sydney serves as a brand ambassador for Rihanna’s bombshell lingerie brand Savage X Fenty and even owns her own production company, Fifty Fifty Films.

Alexa Demie

Character in the show: Maddy Perez

Alexa has appeared in many ad campaigns for Mac Cosmetics and has recently partnered with them to promote their makeup both on and off the show. Additionally, she stars in the American drama film Mainstream, which was released a few weeks ago. Alexa is even producing her first feature film based on a true story about her mother Rose Mendez.

Angus Cloud

Character in the show: Fezco

Off the show, Angus serves as a social justice advocate for many recent social issues involving the BLM movement and other pressing social issues. Along with this, he is using his free time off the show to prepare for the next season of Euphoria and is supporting his bustling acting career by attending various acting classes taught by Emmy award-winning actor Shia LaBeouf.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Hey! My name is Danielle Barnych and I'm currently a Junior at Florida State University double majoring in Creative Writing and Psychology. I love meeting new people, going new places and experiencing new things. I hope to use both past and present experiences to create content that everyone can effortlessly relate to.
Her Campus at Florida State University.