Kayyla Wenger: Dancing Through Life

Name: Kayyla Wenger 

Year: Junior

Hometown: Rocklin, California

Relationship Status: Single

Major: Hospitality Management

Courtesy: Kayyla Wenger

Her Campus (HC): What made you decide to join Seminole Dance Force?

Kayyla Wenger (KW): I was really looking for a way to meet new people as well as a way to continue doing what I love.

HC: How has SDF contributed to your life?

KW: SDF has introduced me to my “people”. I love them so much and they have really become my family away from home and that is so important to me especially since I am from out-of-state. I’ve also had the chance to get involved around campus and have some of the greatest experiences performing at events such as FSU’s Pow Wow.

HC: Why do you dance?

KW: Because I love it. Simple as that. My mom put me in a class when I was 22 months old as a form of daycare as she taught a class of her own. She never thought I would stick with it, but I never stopped.

HC: What do you like the most about dancing?

KW: As weird as it sounds, I love the way it makes me feel. I’m happiest when I’m dancing. It is also an outlet. If I’m sad or even mad, I can dance and feel better within minutes.

HC: What would you say is the hardest thing about dancing?

KW: The hardest thing about dancing is getting older. I feel like I am 95 years old in 20 year olds body. Props to college athletes!

HC: You live so far from here, what made you decide to go to FSU?

KW: My mom and my aunt both went here and my father has been a fan since high school. I guess it was just in my blood to be a Nole.

HC: What has been the best thing about going to FSU?

KW: The best thing about FSU is all of the opportunity it gives you: the opportunity to grow up and be an adult, the opportunity to meet people that will change your life, and the opportunity to be one step closer to your dream job.

HC: Do you plan on continuing to dance in your future?

KW: I plan to dance as long as I can. Whether it be me dancing or coaching a team, I think dance is something that will be with me forever. 

My name is Zahra. Love the color green and love FSU
Her Campus at Florida State University.