Katie Telepak: Living Her Wildest Dreams

Name: Katie Telepak

Year: Senior

Major: Fashion 

Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio

Relationship Status: Single

Courtesy: Katie Telepak

As I was interviewing Katie for Campus Cutie, she was draped in tie-dye with bright blue lipstick, packing for VooDoo Music Festival this weekend in New Orleans. This stylin’ Bonnaroo babe dances to the beat of her own drum and Kenny Chesney’s Wild Child is the soundtrack of her life. She’d pick frolicking in a field over happy hour any day, and will not stop at anything until her wildest dreams become her even wilder reality.

Her Campus (HC): Lets start with my personal favorite question: what’s your favorite food?

Katie Telepak (KT): I make a mean peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

HC: So home for your is Ohio. What made you come all the way to Florida State?

KT: Well, my original major was Marine Biology and I knew FSU had a great program for that. I was very passionate about saving the dolphins from the black market in Japan. I later realized I could still do that without that degree, so I made a 180 and changed my major to Fashion. I also used to always watch the [FSU] games with my dad as a little girl and fell in love with the tradition. And since we’re Disney freaks, we would visit on our trips to Florida.

HC: So now that you’re a Fashion major, what are your ultimate career goals?

KT: I eventually want to be a celebrity stylist in Los Angeles, basically dressing them for their red carpet events. I plan on interning in California this summer and then moving out there to pursue it full-time.

Courtesy: Katie Telepak

HC: Who inspired this career path?

KT: I worship the ground Rachel Zoe walks on.

HC: Tell us about your love for music festivals.

KT: It all started two summers ago when my friends and I randomly decided to go to Bonnaroo. I’ve always had a hippie soul and this particular festival seemed like the best one to introduce myself to the festival scene. I’ve been hooked ever since!

HC: What do you think makes Bonnaroo so special?

KT:  Well obviously you’re there for the music. However, the people, energy and positivity that come out of Bonnaroo are something that you cannot find anywhere else. The fact that they can get 80,000 people to fit onto one farm in the middle of Tennessee without a single police officer shows that we as a society can function together perfectly with peace.

HC: You’re not stopping at Bonnaroo. What else do you have planned?

KT: Well I’ve been to Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo twice, and now Voodoo. I want to hit every festival on the east side, and once I move to California I NEED to hit Coachella, Outside Lands, and of course my ultimate life goal is to attend Burning Man.

Courtesy: Katie Telepak

HC: Anything else on your bucket list?

KT: There are so many things I want to do, but just to name a few… Burning Man, I want to live in Paris at some point and scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef (and find P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney while I’m there).

Her Campus at Florida State University.