mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

Julie Andrews Gives an Update on Princess Diaries 3

It’s crazy to think that it has been 15 years since the release of the last installment of the Princess Diaries series, Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement. Well much to our satisfaction, there just might be a Princess Diaries 3 on the “horizon” according to Julie Andrews. 

In her latest interview with ET’s Rachel Smith, Andrews goes on to talk about how busy her life has been with other adventures, as well as her just-released book, Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years, where she talks about her journey as an actress. But she did spill the beans on how she is ready to return to Genovia, in the next possible movie installment.

Courtesy: Today

Not only has Andrews said that the possibility of a third installment of this magical movie franchise could be on its way but she also expressed excitement about it in her interview along with mention of her co-star and on-screen granddaughter Anne Hathaway, “Think of how many years it’s been since that came out. And she’s a busy lady. And I’ve been a busy lady. Getting it all together… but in this magical visit, you never know.”

However, Andrews has confessed who the dedication would go to if the movie were to happen. In an interview with Buzzfeed in 2017, Andrews stated, “I think we might do it in honor of him,” referring to the franchise’s late director Garry Marshall, “Annie had an idea that she wanted to pursue about it, and I’m all for it, so if she’d like to.”

Courtesy: AOL

Not only has Julie Andrews made recent comments about it but so has Anne Hathaway. Back in January, Hathaway revealed on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen that “there is a script for the third movie. I want to do it. Julie wants to do it. Debra Martin Chase, our producer, wants to do it. We all really want it to happen…It’s just we don’t want to unless it’s perfect because we love it just as much as you guys love it. It’s as important to us as it is to you, and we don’t want to deliver anything until it’s ready, but we’re working on it so…”

Alright, now we all know how busy these two ladies are with their never-ending movie roles, interviews, appearances and whatnot but it seems as if they are both more than willing to work on this project!

Considering how the first movie was about Mia Thermopolis learning she is a princess of a small yet elegant kingdom Genovia and the second movie installment revolved around her getting engaged, who knows what the third installment will bring. At this point, it is safe to say that the possibility of a Princess Diaries 3 is promising, considering how both Anne Hathaway aka Mia Thermopolis and Julie Andrews are down for another ride. Genovia here we come!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Madelyn Mairena is currently a Senior majoring in Advertising at Florida State University. She has been a writer for Her Campus since her freshman year and has found a passion for getting down to the nitty-gritty details of hot topics, as well as interviewing inspiring leaders and artists. For all business inquiries, please reach out to her at madelynstar11@gmail.com.
Her Campus at Florida State University.