Step aside Mariah Carey, there is about to be a brand-new Christmas song that might steal the show this holiday season. On Monday, the popular boy band, the Jonas Brothers, announced that they are set to release a Christmas song “Like It’s Christmas” on Friday. Along with this announcement was a piece of artwork showing Joe, Kevin, and Nick all wearing Santa hats. Some fans have theorized that this is a set up for a whole Christmas album that is set to be released! 

Courtesy: @jonasbrothers on Instagram

The Jonas Brothers formed as a band in 2005 and released their first album in 2007. They went on tour, with their most popular hit being “S.O.S.” The song hit the top 5 charts. Since then, they have released many top chart songs. The boys starred in their own television show titled, Jonas. They also starred in the Disney Channel Original Movie, Camp Rock. In 2008, the band won an American Music Award for Breakthrough Artist of the Year. In October of 2013, the band broke up. However, they got back together in 2019 and released another Billboard hit song, “Sucker.” Later in 2019, they also came out with an album titled, Happiness Begins. Following the album, they announced they were going on a national tour. Altogether, the band has released five albums: It’s About Time, Jonas Brothers, A Little Bit Longer, Lines, Vines, and Trying Times and Happiness Begins.

Courtesy: MTV 

The band first announced the release of the song via Instagram. The caption read “Mariah Carey has given the world the green light, so the holiday season has begun!!! Our brand new original Christmas song #LikeItsChristmas is out on Friday people??????” The caption paid tribute to Mariah Carey, which leaves fans wondering if there will be a tribute to the Queen of Christmas in the song. This isn’t the band’s first Christmas song. In 2007, they released the song, “Girl Of My Dreams” that was featured on the Disney Channel Holiday album. 

Currently, the band is on their Happiness Begins Tour. The tour kicked off Aug. 7 in Miami, Florida and ends Feb. 22 in Paris, France. You can find tickets for their tour here. The band is also performing at iheartradio’s annual Jingle Ball this year. They are headlining along with many other big names including Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Lizzo, and 5 Seconds of Summer! If you can’t make the show in New York City, you can always livestream it. 

Courtesy: Jonas Brothers

Even though November just began, the Jonas Brothers will successfully start the holiday season early this Friday. Be on the lookout for the new single, and who knows, maybe even a whole holiday album release! Happy Holidays!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest!

Sarah is a Sophomore at Florida State University, pursuing a degree in Advertising and Hospitality. In her free time, she enjoys going to concerts and taking pictures.
Her Campus at Florida State University.