I don’t know about you, but my favorite time of year is fall. Sure, pumpkin-flavored everything, Halloween parties, college football, and chilly air are great, but the return of seasonal beer is one of the best aspects of the season for me. Not going to lie, it sends shivers down my spine (the good kind) when I see “Fall Brews” variety packs start to pop up in Publix. 

So let’s take a look at some of our favorite fall beers, courtesy of an article by USA Today.

1.     Founders: Breakfast Stout- Imperial Stout/ 8.3% ABV

2.     Great Lakes: Blackout Stout- Russian Imperial Stout/ 9% ABV

3.     Southern Tier, Imperial Oat- Imperial Stout/11% ABV

4.     3 Floyds, Broo Doo- American IPA/ 7% ABV

5.     Alesmith: Evil Dead Red- American Amber/ 6.66% ABV

6.     Clown Shoes: Hammer of the Holy- Imperial Stout/11% ABV

7.     Russian River: Hoptime Harvest Ale- American IPA/ 6% ABV

8.     Great Lakes: Nosferatu- American Amber/ 8% ABV

9.     Cigar City: Bolita Double Nut Brown Ale- English Brown Ale/ 9% ABV

10.  Troegs: Hop Knife Harvest Ale- American IPA/ 6.2% ABV

Now that you know the Top Ten Fall Brews, where are you going to get them? You could buy them one-by-one from the grocery store, but if you want try all of them and more at the same time, you need to check out one of the many fall festivals in town. Enter: the Tallahassee Brewfest.

Brewfest is presented by the Tallahassee Sunrise Rotary every year. And this year, Brewfest is right around the corner! On September 19 from 5-8 p.m., the 9th Annual Tallahassee Brewfest is taking place rain or shine at the Tallahassee Automobile Museum (6800 Mahan Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32308). Brewfest features an unlimited tasting of 200+ beers (including some of the ones listed above). With only 2,250 tickets for beer lovers in the area to get their hands on, it sells out every year – so if you haven’t purchased your ticket yet, get on it!

Ticket pricing is as follows:

General Admission: $39.95

-Unlimited beer tastings

-Food available for purchase

-Gates open at 5 p.m. and close at 8 p.m.

VIP: $99.95

-Unlimited beer tastings

-Early entrance at 4 p.m.

-VIP lounge with exclusive beers and local brews

-Three course meal from Sonny’s BBQ

-Brewfest Swag

-Admission to the Tallahassee Antique Car Museum

If you don’t want to drink but still want to join in on the festivities (or just be a cool friend and help your drinking buddies out), then there are Designated Driver Deals!

GA Designated Driver: $10

-Entry to event

-Free water and sodas

VIP Designated Driver: $40

-Early entrance at 4 p.m.

-VIP lounge

-Three course meal from Sonny’s BBQ

-Brewfest Swag

-Free water and sodas

And if the beer isn’t enough to get you to attend, know that Brewfest also benefits almost 30 local and national charities! Grab your friends and celebrate fall by attending Brewfest in Tallahassee this weekend. Hope to see you all there!

Cassi is a junior at Florida State University. As an Environmental Studies major, Cassi likes outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, and going to parks. She is part of a community Service Fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, which has brought her to some very unique and exciting experiences around Tallahassee. From washing dogs to preparing food for the elderly, Cassi loves to help the community out any way that she can. In her free time, Cassi likes to paint, read, take bubble baths, wreck her boyfriend at chess, beat the high score to Mrs. Pac Man at Voodoo Dog, play with her hamsters, or attend concerts. As always, this Seminole bleeds Garnet and Gold! 
Her Campus at Florida State University.