Culture > News

Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Expecting!

Instead of Winter coming for the Queen in the North, a baby is! According to multiple sources, Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner are expecting their first child. Though pregnancy rumors had been swirling around the couple for a while, this is the first time there has been confirmation. The 23-year-old actress and Joe, 30, wed last year; first on May 1 following the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada, and then again in Sarrians, France on Jun. 29. Their love story has been one to obsess over to as both of them frequently post sweet social media posts and talk about each other in interviews. Sophie spoke about Joe’s love for her in an interview with Glamour, confessing that “A lot of [my happiness now] is to do with being with a person I’ve fallen in love with, who loves me more than he loves himself, and who wants to see me find my own happiness.”

The announcement adds on to the excitement in their life as it comes just a few days after the teaser trailer for Turner’s new show, Survive, was released. Survive is set to be released by Quibi, a new mobile streaking service, in April and follows Jane (Turner) and Paul (Corey Hawkins) after they become the only survivors of a deadly plane crash in the mountains. In addition to Turner’s show, The Jonas Brothers announced their Las Vegas residency that begins in April, on Jan. 24. They will be performing nine shows at the Park Theater at Park MGM from April 1 to April 18.

JustJared, an online source for entertainment news, was given the news exclusively by the sources, who have remained anonymous. One source told JustJared, “The couple is keeping things very hush-hush but their friends and family are super excited for them.” Another commented that “Sophie has decidedly been choosing outfits to wear on and off the carpet to accommodate her changing body.” Clearly the couple is thrilled by the news and is looking forward to joining the world of parenthood.

Allegedly, the couple only revealed the pregnancy to family recently as sources report that Turner is 12 to 16 weeks pregnant. The couple was last seen in January on an outing in London. Turner was dressed in a baggy sweater which aligns with the report of her planning outfits around her changing figure. Luckily she has family to go to for tips and tricks as her sister-in-law, Danielle Jonas, and Kevin Jonas have two children.

Reps for both Turner and Jonas were contacted by multiple media outlets, but all declined to comment. The couple—both of whom are very active on their social media— have also stayed mute since the news came out. It’s only a matter of time until it is addressed, either by Sophie and Joe or a representative, with the amount of circulation the story is receiving. Let’s just hope they don’t let Diplo into the delivery room like they did their wedding.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest!

Mikayla is a senior at FSU majoring in Political Science with a minor in Communications. She loves chai lattes, reading books, musicals, and waffles. In her free time you can find her curled up in a cozy blanket, napping, or trying to pet an animal (including the ones she shouldn't.)
Her Campus at Florida State University.